38

Author's Note: Apologies for suddenly MIA'ing for long. I currently am not mentally well due to real-life problems and work. It caused me to not able to plot properly and hence, not publish regularly as I used to be. Please do understand that I might only be able to give 1 or 2 chapters per month.

I'm trying hard to push my brain to work again in order to finish this book ><

____________________

Please feel free to correct my writings and relay your frustration in the comment! :)

____________________

For a popular idol like himself, it is very much common for Zech to come home late. Hectic schedules had always filled his days, draining almost all of his energy whenever he arrived back to his own apartment. And that's what Zech now feels while slowly walking along the hallway, passing the many vacant units towards his own, yawning without care as there's really no one living on this floor except himself for his protective older brother not wanting him to have any neighbour.

But suddenly, Zech chokes from his own yawning for being surprised to see someone has already standing in front of his apartment door. The said person is someone he's very much familiar with, as she is the one that unknowingly held his heart in the palm of her hand. Despite being dazed while looking away from him, she still looks extremely beautiful with her wavy black hair and impeccable side profile, small pointy nose and the plump shape of her lips.

"Hye Rin?" Zech calls once he's close enough and gazes around, before looking back at her with confusion, "What are you doing here? There are so many bodyguards outside so how did you get in?"

His voice seems to disenchant Hye Rin from the daze. And once she moves her gaze to him, Zech immediately stunned on his feet for seeing how red and puffy her eyes are. Noticing this, Zech walks closer and frowns deeper, talking in a much concerned tone, "Hye Rin, have you been crying? What happened?"

She didn't answer the question. Instead, the princess asks for a request to be in a more private environment, "Can we talk inside?"

At first, Zech felt reluctant to fulfil the request. Because for one, he's not really allowed to permit someone unauthorized to be inside his apartment for safety reasons. But seeing Hye Rin's puffy eyes and her odd behaviour, Zech decides to agree to the demand and allow her to go into the apartment.

Once they're inside and the automatic lights turned on, Zech tries to ask once again as he can now see much clearer Hye Rin's dishevelled appearance, "Hye Rin? Can you tell me what happened?"

Like a gentleman he is, Zech gently try to lead her to take a seat in the living room by lightly touching the smallest part of her back, "Come, let's take a-"

"Is it true?"

Zech turns to look at the one who just cut his courtesy, "Huh?"

"D-did you know about it?"

Hye Rin's trembling voice concern him, "About what? Seriously, what's going on? Why do you look so shaken?"

Finally, tears escape and descend down on Hye Rin's cheek, "That Sargon..." She finally set her fluttering glassy eyes to Zech's onyx orbs, speaking with sobs escaping in between her words for not being able to contain her sorrow, "...Consumed.... his... own brother?"

...What?

Zech's worried expression immediately turns into confusion, gazing at Hye Rin's with utter disbelief, "What the fuck are you saying, Hye Rin? Who gave you that ridiculous idea?"

Hye Rin's statement sounds like nonsense for Zech. Because despite not fully knowing his family secret, or that his brother is such an absolute devil incarnation, Zech is very much convinced that Sargon wouldn't ever do such abomination things.