62

Author's note : Republishing this chapter many times already since somehow, the update notification didn't appear :(

Please feel free to correct my writings and relay your frustration in the comment! :)

____________________

Almost no sound came out when Sargon finally end Tan's life, decapitating the dying man's head with the cleaver knife that has been the tool of torture through the entire process. It was expected since Tan had already been in such horrible condition and lost so much more than just blood. Pain and lack of blood quickly took the old man's consciousness away. His own limbs had been laying around, wetting the grass blades as the blood seeps into the ground.

The blood also drenched Sargon entirely. His handsome face is painted with red, black locks damp from the mix of sweat and the thick red substance. The leather apron doesn't even manage to keep his front torso dry and the all-black attire now has a red hue undertone, damp and pungent to smell. With the right hand holding the bloody cleaver knife and his left fingers gripping the hair of the old man's decapitated head, Sargon straightens his posture before giving the body part to Jin, "Preserve this and bring the rest to the grill."

Jin accepts the head and instructs the subordinates to bring the other chopped body to the grill as instructed. The grill has been now placed in a more open field, with dirt as the substance it stands on. Blocks of firewood coated with gasoline have also been placed under it, ready to be set ablaze.

While waiting for the subordinate to finish up, Jin stands beside Sargon while still carrying the old man's head, not even bothered that blood has stained the entirety of his right hand that grips the grey locks, "I thought you want to have dinner with him. Why the change of plan?"

Sargon briefly glances at Jin, before setting his gaze back on the preparation activity. Exhaling a small yet long breath, the boss answers with a small smile now spreading on his thin lips, "I just miss my kitten at home."

Through all the gruesome details that now tainted the boss, Jin doesn't miss the gentle gaze and soft smile. They look so genuine and full of love, so different from these past few days that Sargon resembled a devil more than a normal human being. The man was so ruthless, not even a glance of pity or guilt is seen when Sargon did all the gruesome tortures.

It's like night and day, Jin even feels convinced that the Sargon earlier night and now is an entirely different person. He can feel the pinkish hue of feeling emitting from his boss and it bothers him a little.

The boss chuckles at his head henchman's surprised and contorted expression, "Why so surprise? Don't you want to go home quickly as well? You don't want to see Byeol so soon?"

Jin flutters his eyes in realization, "No. That's not what I meant."

"I can always directly send you to do some terminating missions if you prefer to do some more killing than seeing her," Sargon teases, "But I'll be going home--"

"No! Of course, I'll come with you, Hyung!" Jin gasped, fingers gripping the bloody lock a little tighter due to the small panicky feeling, "I also want to come home."

Sargon let out another set of chuckles, feeling amused now that he has seen the excitement that Jin was trying to conceal. The boss then set his gaze forward to give a nod at a subordinate that has been standing beside the pit that contains a full-of-limbs grill with a torch in hand, ready to set it ablaze.

Giving the confirmation, the subordinate light the pit and immediately engulfs the grill in flames. The smell of roasted meat wafting in the air, mixing with the pungent smoky smell of gasoline that has been poured along the pit.