25

Author's note: Downgrade Zech's role to simplify the plot. Muehehe~

And I'm quite happy that you readers are still eagerly waiting for this story~ Apologize for not updating as quick as before. My mind is not in a good place and I now have lesser time to write. So please be patient with me~

____________________

Please feel free to correct my writings and relay your frustration in the comment! :)

____________________

A brief sound of a clink from the tea sets briefly interrupt the sound of the faint melodic violin. It successfully echoed inside the quiet VVIP room at one of the fancy restaurants in the city. Hye Rin keeps her gaze down to her own cup of tea on her lap, which has now gone lukewarm because she hasn't taken any sip of the beverage.

"Daughter,"

Hye Rin slowly moves her gaze forward, to the much older man with Asian and similar features as hers, sitting at the other side of the table. And throughout the defining wrinkles that are mostly formed at the side of his eyes, the old man apologetically smiles gently at his own daughter, "I know it's hard and I'm asking too much from you. But please do understand that this is for the sake of the family."

"Have you asked Uncle Tan about it? Can you reach him?" Hye Rin asks.

"Unfortunately not. But I'm sure he'll still be happy for you. After all, his favourite niece is finally getting married to the one she's favour." Her father answers.

Hye Rin didn't answer to the statement, but eventually nods while gently placing her fill-to-the-brim cup on the saucer. It still upsets her a little that her favourite uncle is still unreachable for years. Uncle Tan is like a second father for her so she was very much devastated that the latter decided to leave the Song family and live to who-knows-where.

Adding that it was such a shocking, yet very much predictable request from her father, that the Song family will eventually push her to accept the Abadeer's engagement proposal.

Despite being tainted and so vile, Abadeers are well-respected and feared by the other. So being married to one of them, let alone the head of the family, will benefit her family greatly in terms of connection within the elite world.

"And Boss Tien had repeatedly shown his interest in you for so long. I'm sure that he will treat you well." The father reassures her.

But still... I'm not sure if that's what he truly feels about me. Hye Rin thought as she forced a smile to hide the bitter feeling inside of her heart. After letting out a soft sigh, she excuses herself to the restroom as she needs a little alone time to process and weigh on the situation.

In the restroom, Hye Rin stands in front of the sink as she stares at her own reflection in the mirror. Her pretty feature is beautifully shown on the glassy surface, with long and wavy black locks beautifully cascading down behind her back, reflecting the artificial light that is illuminating above her. 

And as she continues to keep her gaze on the mirror, Hye Rin's heart begins to beat at a faster rate due to the feeling of nervousness and unknown excitement. But her mind also begins to get mudded with the thought of Sargon's sincerity to marry her. Because Hye Rin can feel that the mafia boss's attention seems to be shifted away from her lately.

In the past, Sargon liked to irritate by appearing out of nowhere in front of her or constantly calling just to ask her hand in marriage. But now, the mafia boss did none of those things and went missing in action.

It honestly hurts Hye Rin's pride a little as she's someone who others considered as the princess amongst the elite. With delicate features as beautiful as a goddess and a personality as pure as an angel. She and Sargon are even dubbed as Persephone and Hades for how in contrast they are. And now, it seems there's another unknown nymph that distracted Hades's attention away from her.