34

Please feel free to correct my writings and relay your frustration in the comment! :)

____________________

As both finally back from the lunch break, Byeol abruptly stops her steps and lets out a small gasp of surprise. She then quickly goes into her professional mode, politely bowing to a familiar man and a proud woman that is now approaching her and the confused kitten beside her.

Kei's confusion only lasts for a while though because as soon as his doe-eyes caught Zech's familiar smiling face, it gives him an understanding as to why Byeol suddenly changed into her professional secretary mode. And as the kitten diverts his attention to the woman beside Zech, he immediately goes into awe, very much stunned for seeing such an unworldly beauty the woman possessed.

Kei almost thought that the woman was a living doll, or perhaps more like a princess that is often described in fairy tale books.

Wavy black hair that reaches to her tiny waist, with skin as white as porcelain and a tint of pink blush spread across her cheeks. Small but plump lips painted with peach lipstick are beautifully adorning her small face as a dainty pair of almond eyes looking straight right at him.

Kei can easily tell that this woman is not someone to be messed with, considering how proper and dignified the aura she radiates. He immediately knows that she must've held some kind of power, and that power might be able to easily influence someone to get rid of him.

"Good afternoon, Ms Song and Sir Zechariah. Welcome to Abadeer's Corporation." Byeol states while gently pulling the stunned Kei to be slightly behind her.

"Hwan Byeol," Zech is the one that answers the greet with a friendly smile, "You two come back from break is it?"

"Yes, Sir." Byeol answers as she lifts herself up and shows a polite smile, "Are you here to meet Boss Tien?"

Zech gestures with his head to the young woman beside him, who is now busily eyeing Kei. "Yes just now but mainly for her. You know about what,"

Confused, Byeol only alternates her gaze between Zech and Hye Rin. 

Minding Kei's presence, the younger Abadeer informs what he meant with hints that only Byeol can understand, "It's settled."

And Byeol does immediately understand, proven by her hazel eyes went wide in surprise and quickly gazing at Hye Rin as the one being looked at is still observing the squirming kitten beside her.

Since the start of the conversation, Kei has been timidly keeping his doe-eyes downwards with fingers nervously fidgets on the hem of his lilac sweater. There's an uncomfortable feeling bubbling inside him when the pretty woman blatantly runs her piercing gaze all over him. It's like she's accessing him, figuring out who and what he truly is.

With his own self-esteem already so low to begin with for being in the presence of so many people with proper working titles, Kei really wants to hide somewhere dark and small, anywhere that can shield him away from this highly uncomfortable feeling. It also gets worse since the one staring at him is such a dignified woman, with her sharp gaze that seems to create invisible tiny blades all over his skin.

Because of that ugly feeling, Kei timidly scoot closer to Byeol and make an attempt to hide his taller frame behind the secretary, silently asking for protection since the kind Noona seems to have the capability of doing so.

"I see," Byeol finally voice out without an ounce of emotion and divert her gaze to Zech with a polite smile, "Good to know. I apologize but we need to go back before lunch break ends."

Zech nods in understanding, sensing the tense atmosphere that came from both women, Byeol who is now trying to shield Kei's away from Hye Rin's intense stare, "We're just about to leave as well." he informs and waves to Kei with the same friendly smile still adorning his lips, "I'll see you next time, yeah."