Halloween's Special 🎃

Happy Halloween~ This chapter was based and inspired by a scene from Charles Perrault's folktale. Any guess where it came from? Ehe~ 

(This chapter has got nothing to do with the main plot of the book. Purely just to celebrate Halloween. Think of it as them re-enacting the folklore this chapter is based on.)

____________________

Please feel free to correct my writings and relay your frustration in the comment! :)

____________________

The doe-eyes stare at the set of golden keys in his hand, then towards the big door in front of him. Before leaving, Kei was given these keys by his husband, Sargon, as the latter tells him that he's freed to open any door inside this castle, all except one.

Which is the one he's currently standing in front of.

Despite being placed at the underground level which is damp and dark, the door looks harmless in Kei's opinion. It looks like any other door inside the castle, which is made out of strong teak wood in a darker brown shade, that is also thick in diameter.

Even though he was forbidden by Sargon to open it, curiosity eventually overpowers his willingness to be obedient. So, after swallowing a big nervous gulp, Kei eventually put the matching key into the keyhole and unlocks it. Once the clicking sound can be heard, the pretty boy takes out the key as he slowly swings open the door wide enough for him to be able to go through.

At first glance, it is obvious that Kei won't really see anything since there's not a single source of light brightening the room. There's not even a hole of ventilation that can help the moonlight to seep into here. So, he bends down to take the lantern that he had carried from upstairs and with one last heave to ease down his nervousness, Kei goes into the room with the lantern as his only source of light.

Once he's standing inside, but only a few steps away from the still opened entrance, Kei begins to realize the vastness of this unfamiliar room.

It seems this single room takes the entire width of the castle above. Because as Kei continues to walk quite further in and looks around, he only encounters stone pillars and hanging chains, with puddles that are formed in between the stone-paved ground.

And soon as he decides to walk deeper into the unfamiliar room, his sense of smell begins to catch an awful smell, similar to rat carcases that he often encountered back home before he married Sargon.

At first, Kei doesn't think much of it as after all, this room is untouched and placed underground. So it's not odd to have dead animals rotting around the space. But then, his eyes suddenly caught something odd once the edge of the light from his lantern was able to reach at the end of the room.

He wants to approach to look at it better, but every time he took another step, the rotting smell becomes more unbearable for him to tolerate. So because of that, Kei decided to not approach the figure further and just squint his doe-eyes to see better, towards the darkened silhouette that is softly defined by the warm light.

And as his vision is getting familiar with the surrounding, Kei let out an audible gasp as his hand accidentally let go of the lantern because of shock and caused the small candle inside of it to die as the wick was drenched by a red liquid.

Red. Something red and has a foul smell.

Blood.

The realization hits Kei like a ton of brick as the horrifying scene invades his fragile heart with overflowing fear. 

in front of him and almost sticking at the wall, is a headless woman hanging on the ceiling and being held by chains, with blood fully drenched all over the lifeless body and damp gown. Some parts of the skin are already rotting and changed colour, letting out the foul smell as maggots gnaw the gaping wound on the stomach.

The other hand of his had also subconsciously let go of the key that held. As he notices that the keys had just slipped out of his hold, Kei quickly bends down to take it from the ground. But, something, or someone, suddenly push and makes him fall to the dirtied ground. It makes the dainty hands of his to be drenched in the slippery old blood, terrifies him more with the sticky feeling.

As Kei whimper and pans his fluttering teary doe-eyes up, the boy let out a gasp when he sees the familiar pair of onyx orbs are peering back at him. The muscular inked arms of the man are also visibly seen as his husband had raised the sleeves of the shirt right under the elbows. And one of the veiny hands has also already held a leather whip that usually used on horses, with the other held a chain that similars to the ones are hanging inside this room.

Sargon tilts his head a little to the left as the thin lips begin to smirk in amusement, "...you know, Kitten. There's a saying that you must remember."

The inked beast strides forward and kneels while fastening the chain that he held to Kei's slim body. He then covers the chestnut lips with his palm to muffle the kitten's scream before uttering with a chill voice, sending shivers to the frightened Kei with how cold it sounds,

"...curiosity killed the cat."

____________________

For those who are able to guess correctly, congratulations!

This chapter is inspired by a scene from Charles Perrault's folktale: The Bluebeard (1697)

Thank you for reading my work!

I sincerely hope you enjoy my writing :)

Please don't forget to vote and feel free to give me comments to help me write better :)