56

Please feel free to correct my writings and relay your frustration in the comment! :)

____________________

A soft whimper escapes the chestnut lips when the bed Kei was sleeping on shifts. The movement was very gentle but managed to bring his consciousness back, leading him to leave the world full of cream candies and milk. Adding that the comforting warmth that usually envelopes him has gone, only replaced with a gentle caress on his left cheek that is out in the open.

Kei flutters open his eyes and find Sargon half-laying and facing him, inked fingers the perpetrator that caressed his cheek. The master bedroom is still dark, indicating that the sun is still far from reaching the horizon. Kei can see the silhouette of Sargon's black locks sticking out in every direction, dishevelled from sleep. The inked beast then moves to hover on top of Kei, chaste a light kiss on the same cheek before mumbling in a baritone voice slightly coated with drowsy, "It's still late. Go back to sleep."

The kitten whimpers again as his dainty hand grip Sargon's bicep which is attached to the elbow that supports the latter to hover on top of him, "You're leaving now?"

Sargon hums, "I need to leave before dawn to reach there in the afternoon."

A reluctant expression shows on Kei's pretty face, chestnut lips pouting as the pair of doe eyes beg for Sargon to stay longer. The view incites the beast to follow, basking himself in the gentle warmth of his dearest kitten.

But his long-time revenge needs to be fulfilled. If Sargon waits any longer he might not have this opportunity anymore in the future. Not being able to catch the slimy bastard for 15 years already shows Tan is a very careful man. This might be the only time that old man slips up.

"I have to, Kitten," Sargon replies in a slight whisper, soft and reassuring in the ears.

Kei softly sighs before nodding to answer. But instead of going back to sleep, he sits up to hug Sargon's neck, burying himself in the beast's safe embrace, "...Then at least... let me bathe you..."

The request gets Sargon's heart flutter with happiness, arms tightening around the tiny waist and become more reluctant to let go. But noticing how late it still is, the beast refrains to accept the request, "It's okay. The night is cold. I don't want you to get sick, Kitten."

"Please, Sargon..." Kei whimpers, followed by something wet dampening Sargon's neck which indicates that the kitten just shed some tears. It must be because he knows that the beast might be gone for quite a while since the target is a special one after all. Sargon for sure will take his time, giving a slow yet painful torture to Tan.

Truthfully, Kei doesn't really like it every time Sargon has this kind of trip away from him. It makes him miss the man more, becoming more anxious than he already is. But of course, Kei can't forbid Sargon to leave for work. Who's going to run the gigantic Abadeer empire if he demands the beast to forever stay in his arms?

Probably Sargon won't mind, but hundreds of thousands of employees under him for sure will.

Noticing Kei's sad intonation, Sargon finally hums to agree with the request, "But we use warm water, okay? Just bathe and nothing else."

The kitten pulls away slightly to give a small nod before letting out a smile, successfully stunning the beast with it.

The smile might mean that the kitten's happy about his request being fulfilled. But the expression indirectly provokes Sargon to break the condition he himself set up.

It's going to be hard for me to restrain myself, Sargon thought as he princess-carries the kitten up from the bed, walking slowly to the bathroom.