26

Please feel free to correct my writings and relay your frustration in the comment! :)

____________________

It was right after Kei's lunchtime that Simon comes for a visit with Sargon surprisingly tagging along with him. And because the weather is too hot for them to play outdoors, they decided to rest around the orphanage and read Little Kei's favourite folktales which is 'The Mouse, the Bird, and the Sausage'.

...Typical choice of a story from the son of a mafia that introduced it to innocent Little Kei.

The 3 of them are currently on the front porch of the orphanage, sitting on a long bench with the toddler on Simon's lap and a children's book on top of his own little lap. His adorable doe-eyes follows the big brother's finger that is pointing at the words while attentively listening to the latter that read the story for him.

"The sausage stayed by the pot, saw that the food was cooking well, and, when it was nearly time for dinner, it rolled itself once or twice through the broth or vegetables and then they were, buttered, salted, and ready," Simon utters then points at the drawing of the sausage wearing an apron and is inside of a pan. 

"...Sausage..." Little Kei softly gasps with his tiny fingers caress the cute drawing of the sausage.

The adorable gesture brings a smile to Simon's lips. But to Sargon, who had been silently sitting at the side finally speaks what's on his mind, "What a choice of story. I can't believe you introduce such gruesome folklore to such a small child."

But Simon lightly shrugs at the comment, "Not like Kei horrified at it. In fact, the story's quite cute. Isn't that right, Kei?"

Kei nods without tearing the doe-eyes away from the book.

And the nonchalant answer provokes another heartless statement from Sargon, "Wow, he's not that smart, isn't he?"

The older brother looks at the younger in wonder, "Hm? What do you mean?"

Sargon points at Kei who had now looked at him with an adorable and innocent set of doe-eyes, "He just nods at your comment without knowing what the story is fully meant. And look, He just kept on looking at the drawing but not the words. I don't think he's able to read it and just like the sausage drawing."

Simon rolls his onyx orbs and tries to drop the topic, "Children mostly able to read around 6 or 7 years of age. So chill out, will you?"

But the younger brother doesn't seem to get the signal, "But I'm not wrong to say that he still not understand, right?" he then gazes down at Kei with a mocking yet still playful stare, "Then again, I guess he won't be able to since he can't even read properly. isn't that right, Kei?"

"Sargon!" Simon scolds.

And even though Kei doesn't fully understand what the meanie big brother meant, he can faintly guess that it must've got to do with his quiet personality and not wanting to read by himself. Because of that, the boy pouts and pans his gaze to the many words at the left side of the page before attempting to read it with much difficulty in a small voice, "...Sosage... stay... stay in... in... in pot..."

After reading a little further in a stutter, instead of getting praise, Sargon laughs at his funny way of reading. Because of that, the feeling of sadness overpowers him and eventually, makes little Kei stop reading and cry before hiding his face on Simon's chest.

"Sargon! You just discourage him!" The oldest brother squeals in horror and quickly hug the weeping toddler as the other brother continues to heartlessly laugh.