23

Please feel free to correct my writings and relay your frustration in the comment! :)

____________________

A little late past midnight, Kei finally regains his consciousness, making the doe-eyes slowly flutter open as a small whimper escapes out of his slightly gaping chestnut lips. 

Once the blurry vision clears up, Kei looks towards the familiar yet now dimly lit master bedroom. And aside from aching on both his head and tummy, the kitten also feels another small sore coming from the knuckle of his left hand. As he gazes at it, a small needle connected to a small tube is plugged into him. As he follows the end of the tube, Kei finds an IV bag hanging on its hanger.

"How are you feeling?"

The baritone voice diverts the boy's attention away from the IV bag to the pair of onyx orbs that are looking back at him. Sargon is currently sitting at the side of his bed with a trolley on the latter's side. On top of it, is a small bowl, a glass of water and small tubular containers that usually hold medicines.

Sargon scoots closer and hovers on top of the kitten, sneaking his arms to Kei's back while instructing, "Come on. Let's reposition yourself so you can eat more comfortably."

But the kitten didn't follow as the doe-eyes still widely looking back at him, as if Sargon's a ghost or some kind. Due to the lack of response, his handsome face frown in concern, "...Kitten?"

Suddenly yet gently, the kitten's flutters his pretty eyes while lifting the dainty hand to softly touch Sargon's cheek with the tip of the slender fingers. Then slowly, Kei glides them to eventually palm his cheek before faintly calls with a breathy voice, "...Sargon?"

The gentle call, even though faintly, gives a warm feeling to the beast heart. It makes his thin lips smile genuinely, "Hmm? What is it? Did you miss me?"

Unexpectedly, the kitten nods to answer before tears escape out of his doe-eyes. Then, Kei held in the pain in his tummy and struggle to lift himself up in an attempt to reach for Sargon. With the help of the inked arms that seems to understand his intention, Kei manages to do it, changing into a sitting position and using all his remaining strength to hug Sargon's neck while burying his own face along, inhaling the familiar musky and tobacco smell that he had strangely longed for.

Notice that Kei is currently sniffling for his scent, Sargon chuckles at how cute and quirky his kitten is. The beast then hums in content while tightening his hold on the slim body for knowing that Kei is still too weak to not be supported, "Seems like you're becoming a real kitten now, hm?"

Kei replies to the tease with a small whimper and snuggles himself deeper at the crook of Sargon's neck. The kitten then gently being forced to come out of his hiding place since the beast change his position again, sitting on the latter's lap with the inked arms still beautifully wrapped around his tiny waist.

Again, Sargon is entertained by how Kei's pouting the chestnut lips at him. The beast replies back by pecking them as the doe-eyes cutely widen because of it. Kei's adorable gestures are just too much for a ruthless man like him because even though he knows he shouldn't be hugging the kitten too tight on the waist, he can't help but want to squeeze it with his inked arms. Luckily he managed not to follow his desire and distract it by a more important matter, which is filling Kei's tummy with food.

Sargon pulls the tray closer and scoops a small bite of the food with a spoon. He then brings it in front of Kei's mouth, "Here, you need to eat."

The sight of food manages to make Kei's flat tummy grumble loudly. But, the kitten looks reluctant to accept it for he doesn't know if the flavour has been tampered with like the ones he had before.