Tulips 2 [Unforeseen]

[Shishou: TA Chan!]

[Shishou: TA Chan!]

8:31 A.M. Korea Standard Time

Korea University Anam Hospital

A university hospital in Seoul, South Korea. A multispecialty public health facility. A friendly and patient-centered hospital.

They receive millions of patients annually all over the world for treatment. One of the best not only in the field of treatment but also in the development of new medical technologies and in methods for treating various diseases.

The hospital's main features are an international medical center, a diagnosis center, a gastroenterology center, a cardiology center, a robotic surgery center, and a cancer center, which launched the Halcyon treatment system and linear vitalbeam.

An oncological center that operates in Korea, the hospital is equipped with the latest technology that allows them to successfully treat various types of cancer.

One of the finest surgical oncologists in the hospital, Jennie Kim, M.D., is a seamless cancer surgeon. She went abroad to study medicine and came back for residency. She went through a lot, studying cancer cells for half of her life, just to get where she's at right now. What pushed her to pursue the profession was her grandmother, who died of colon cancer. A 15-year-old Jennie felt helpless seeing how her beloved grandmother suffered from chronic cancer.

"We'll run a thorough diagnosis to determine if we should proceed with full removal surgery or just preventive surgery with Mr. Yoon," she said as she flipped on the patients' charts.

"We actually have two cases on the emergency operating list that should be handled by Dr. Kim, including Mr. Yoon," said Joy, one of the oncology registered nurses in the hospital.

Jennie closes the chart, setting it above the table, "No, I still need to conduct an excisional biopsy on Mr. Yoon. We can't rush his surgery knowing how crucial it was where the lump grew."

"Understood, Dr. Kim."

The nurse went out of her office after showing her respect to the oncologist. While the oncologist went through reviewing the charts again, the longer she read the medical chart, the deeper folds appeared in her forehead.

Releasing an exasperated sigh, the oncologist slumped her back on a swivel chair, putting aside the chart. Truthfully, conducting an emergency surgery with her in-patient now would be critical, considering Mr. Yoon's case. It's not life-threatening, anyhow; one little mistake and it will change the life of the man for a lifetime. Knowing that cancer cells rapidly mutate within a millisecond. A hundred million DNA changes per day, and when cells become cancerous, they also become 100 times more likely to genetically mutate than regular cells, so it's better to be cautious all the time.

She's on the resection team, which is responsible for the lump removal. It's quite straining and challenging for her, as her role is pivotal to the surgery's success.