Tulips 4 [Unexpected Occurence]

On the odd occasion, two individuals with diverse personalities and perceptions were present inside the same room, settling at the same table, on top of that sitting across each other.

Prior to these extenuating circumstances that Lisa and Jennie can't entirely fathom. After the Lieutenant notice two other individuals in the room she pushes aside her hostility towards the Doctor and curtly greeted Jennie's parents, which in truth she already met a few times. On the other side, Jennie was really shaken, if it were not for the fact that her parents and Lisa are present she would bolt out of the room and stay away as far as she could from the heedful woman. Hence, she stop the urge and went civil towards her. This time the two were properly introduced, exchanging pleasantries, Jennie flashing her fake smiles whilst Lisa send her a curt nod.

It was all the reason why they end up amiss, sitting opposite each other. Quitely eating their dinner.

The man who was the older version of Lisa, who actually where the Lieutenant took almost all of her features. Starting from her doe eyes, prominent jawline, high cheekbones, a Grecian nose, and the dignified icy aura. He cleared his throat to gain everyone's attention.

"I think we're not going to have a hard time with this. Since they both knew each other." he started off, all too serious.

"I would totally agree with that, Marco."Mrs. Kim excitedly chimes in.

Lisa takes a quick glance at the woman across her not even minding their parents' discussion, more like a meeting if you'd ask her, she tediously scans Jennie's gorgeous aspects. She then averts her eyes quickly to her father when the Doctor caught her in the act, sending her a bitch face, perking up her brow.

Mrs. Manoban places her hand above her daughter's arm squishing it softly, "What do you say about this dear?"

Everyone glued their focus at the confused Lieutenant, creasing her forehead looking at her mother in question, "My apologies mom, but honestly I wasn't listening. Sorry I was distracted."

Jennie suppressed the smirk that trying to surface on her painted red lips.

"It's fine dear, so, um, you knew Jennie already right?"

"Yeah—now." she nonchalantly replied.

Her mom narrowed her eyes at the Lt. "But, earlier you-

"Sure we met, but knew nothing about each other." She said, staring at Jennie with her mundane eyes. 

"You two can work on that honey, right Jennie?" Mrs. Kim joined in, sending her own daughter a look. The doctor then unwillingly bobbed her head, she just figured that her fate was entangled within her mom's grasp, and all she can do was to agree.

Thus, the two-man stayed silent, letting their wives do the talking.

"Mom?"

Mrs. Manoban took an air before speaking, "This is about the merging of our family business to the Kims Lis." her mother enlighten her.

"And?" the Lt. has the gist but never dares to utter it, as she was terrified of the thought.

"In accordance to that, both sides needed a strong tie that would firmly hold each side. A secure tie that will continue our legacy, the lineage of each family." her mother glance at her and at Jennie, then averts back to her. "A marriage."

Granting the fact that she already has the notion in mind about the ludicrous revelation, the shock still manages to surface on the Lt. stoic face. In a similar manner, Jennie slowly whips her head to her mom, all too perplexed. When she realized her mom will never give her a proper response other than an encouraging smile, she then diverts her focus on her father. Mr. Kim flashes her a consoling smile. She was uttering a chain of profanities in her mind, thinking that there is no getting out. Everything is out of her logic, she can't comprehend the situation despite being a top-notch oncologist. She's at her wit's end.