Tulips 11 [Strife]

The blinding sunlight sipping through the dark tinted window pane hit Jennie's face, it made her rustle from her deep sleep. She changes her position wanting to fall back to her slumbering state, again. However, it was all futile. Her consciousness was wide awake, she fully roused and scan the foreign aesthetic of the room. She run her fingers on her disheveled hair along with the sigh she let out in her nose as she recalled that she wasn't in her personal space. She hasn't been accustomed to sleeping in someone's bed hence, she can't refuse her in-law's request.

"Right—I was in my devil-like fancée's room." she drawled. She rose and stumbles towards the window, unlatching it. The cold morning breeze greeted Jennie, that being so she pulled a satisfied grin on her plump lips, thus she sigh in pleasure feeling an emotional state of satisfaction within.

The doctor takes her time gloating over the scenic morning. She gradually walks her way through the bathroom. Splashing water to her bare face, applying face wash before rinsing. She then sluggishly took hold of the brush and a paste. Once finished, she whip her head left to right inspecting herself having a simpered nod. She was about to make her way down yet she halt and slowly gape down at her bosom, cleavage slightly exposed. Jennie stumbles back into her room, peeling her shirt off and putting on a brassiere pulling a sweater over it. She doesn't have a plan to repeat the same despicable scenario last night.

Just then the doctor descends downstairs, taking the sight of the woman curling on the sofa, cuddling on her bolster pillow. All her unjustified perceptions towards the Lieutenant gradually shrunk, seeing how she's innocently sleeping. Very far from her cold demeanor when in her conscious state. The peace settling in her face was enough to make the doctor slowly tug a smile on her lips. Jennie was standing next to the sofa, gaping down at Lisa. Unbeknownst to the doctor, she's bit by bit bending down, reaching out a few strands of brown hair obscuring on the Lieutenant's face in an attempt to tug it out. Hence, her movement falter, hands were at a full stop just a mere inch away from Lisa's skin, her fingertips almost touching the chiseled jawline of the lieutenant, upon realizing what she's about to do she retracted her hand away in haste.

Shaking her head as she mumbled to herself, "What are you doing Jennie... You can't. You certainly can't. This arrangement is purely business, you shouldn't be emotionally attached." she release a long sigh as she instilled the resolute idea on her mind, turning on her heels and walks her way to the kitchen, but before leaving she pulled the quilt up to cover Lisa's windswept shirt that somewhat exposing her abdomen. After that she made a call to her in-law, politely asking for the spare keys. However, after hearing her story her mother-in-law put a false display of surprise which is highly noticeable, and she giggled on the line right after. The two of them are undoubtedly tricked by Lisa's sly mom.

Minutes later, Jennie works her way out in the kitchen. She's all done preparing food for breakfast. As she set up the table a thump made her abruptly look up. A groggy Lisa is staring at her, eyes still half-closed. The doctor chuckled seeing the unkempt chestnut brown hair of the woman in front of her.

"You're up early..." Lisa said with a raspy voice and saunters aiming for the fridge.

"Early? Haven't you come across with the clock?" she carries on doing the plating." I'm actually late than usual." she added.

When she whipped her head sideways the lieutenant was just staring at her blankly, partly deflated as her shoulders were droopy. She's holding a can of her usual drink. 

Just as I thought she's the mood in the morning, Jennie thought.

"I'll take that as a yes."

"I'll go shower first." Lisa faintly blurted out, tossing the half-empty can on the bin. The doctor just nod at her, and she took the chance to excuse herself and went upstairs.