Tulips 35 [Shackles]

[Shishou: Long chapter ahead.]

---

JENNIE'S

We are categorized as cunning and serious, light and dark, provocative and pensive. I am the former—Lisa the latter, nevertheless treading on the same wavelength, must be what draws us into each other making our dreams surface and live in a world of reality with a touch of surreality.

My demeanour appears calm and collected, but behind them, there's a dreamlike eruption of emotions that people often don't see. But, it was different when talking about my fiancée I knew by now she can read me just as easily.

Ultimately, the risk we put upon everything is worth it, the impact is simultaneously scary, sweet, and satisfying.

As of the moment, my countenance was vacant maybe a little bit distracted. It would seem that I am sinking in deep thought, the familiar figure of a person I saw at the mart stirred some old emotions I buried long ago.

It couldn't possibly be him. Maybe, my eyes playing tricks on me. He left South Korea for good, which I knew for sure. There's no reason for him to come back.

"Hey, Jennie. What's trippin'?" Her face was inquisitive, creased brows staring down at me.

It takes a few seconds; a tilt of the head, a pensive pause, but sure enough, I came along with a nod breaking off from my trance. "Trippin'? Can you be a little less New Yorker?"

"You're pensive." she prompted ignoring my remark, sitting next to me within the living space. "Tell me."

I leant my weight as well as the side of my head against her, "Just stuffs you don't pay heed about."

"Try me, I might surprise you." she lazily uttered.

"Make me believe." I scoff to heighten my mockery.

"What happened to never shut each other's out?"

"Nada," I speak in calm assurance but never pay her a glance just enjoying how the warmth of her palm superficially burns against my own. "Nothing really worthwhile. Speaking of which, mom invited us for dinner." I hurriedly change the course of the topic. I don't want to linger again on the bitter memories.

Nothing escapes from Lisa's scrutinizing eyes, she's vigilant in nature and knew there are things bugging me yet never prodded further, one of the reasons why I like her. "Tell her we'll be there," she said with an easy nod.

"Oh, forgot to tell you. The effectivity of my leave will end today. So to speak, I'm back to hospital work tomorrow."

"So am I."

I snapped a neck, looking at her perplexed, but I can't hide the concern in the timbre of my voice, and the obvious knitting of brows, "But, you're not fully healed."

"Jennie, the sick leave wasn't necessary at all. Hence I was glad, or grateful even. Therefore I had the luxury to bond and lazed around with you." she side-glance and drops a knowing smirk.

Despite the fast hammering of my heart, the increasing blush on my cheeks, I dare to speak, gazing up at her brown irises, that say nothing but fondness, "Shut up I'm still sore." I place a look of irritation but inevitably giggles in her arm.

---

Ensuing the talk at home, in the intervening time I and Lisa were on our way to Myeongdong, and I was far off from enragement with our running conversation. We happen to dig on her past, NYPD days and it resulted in my animosity.