Tulips 24.1 [Done Playing Nice]

JENNIE'S

Yesterday was a major drawback, for me.

Be that as it may, things happened and rolled out at the bright end. I don't have to mention what made my presumably abysmal manic episode a day ago turn into a positive vibration. At some point, it became the bridge in establishing a good rapport between me and Lisa. I may call it, a special connection? I don't know.

Alas, I have to have a panic attack first to be awarded a tight embrace from her, that of course within her right state of mind without the influence of whatever it is that leads her securing me around her arms that day. Ridiculous.

I hadn't signed up for naiveté. Albeit, a certain lieutenant made me. And, Special connection, really? God knows what's running on Lisa's mind. I might be drawing conclusions without solid proof. I don't want her laughing at my expense.

I was addled discerning the empty garage upon my arrival from work. Almost always I arrive after Lisa. I flung out from my car and slam the door behind. I was on the threshold holding the knob and was about to twist and push it open but halt when I heard a ding from my phone.

I rummage my bag and pulled the phone checking the person behind the notification tone.

And the primitive side of me irk, brows shot up in an instant. I release the knob, leaning my side against the surface of the door.

Lieutenant M., 7:41 pm: I'll be home late. Night out with Jisoo and the team. Lock the house.

I rolled my eyes reading the Lock the house reminder. What could possibly go wrong with 3 sinewy guards lurking around the house more than that a colossal fence and gate? Hence, I type my reply.

Me, 7:49 pm: Have a good time, and please come home in one piece.

I tread inside the house, aiming straight upstairs. I toss my handbag on top of the dresser and collapsed my body against the soft mattress. Her scent lingers every inch of this room. I curled up, grabbing her pillow and embracing it considering it as her proxy.

Another ding from my phone, I lazily grab it reading her reply that of course, a smile made its way over my face. In this case, I might be smiling permanently. Silly lieutenant.

Lieutenant M., 8:06 pm: Roger that boss.

Though it may seem strange, Lisa covered the most exhilarating part of my life. She held importance to me, and I can't disclose it for the time being.

I already have taken a refreshing bath, done eating my dinner, flip the bazaar magazine a thousand times yet Lisa hasn't been home, not even a single trace of her shadow. I sort of lounge at the living space so I would be notified of her arrival. Well, I just end up having a numb butt from hours of sitting.

"God! It's almost midnight! Where the hell are you, Lisa." I groaned as I cast my sight over the clock fastened above the smart led tv. My voice resonates across the dead-air house.

I nearly forgot she's a cop. A lieutenant, precisely. Why am I worried-sick about that almost 6 footer lieutenant! She's old enough.

In any normalcy, I would totally enjoy being alone. However, right at this point, I'm hopelessly craving for her presence. I wanted her beside me or welcome me when I get home.

I would rather have her, and be alone with her. That's—sort of a twisted remark.

Dear God! It's just a night without her and I was losing the logic of everything.

I instantaneously jerk up, hurl the magazine somewhere and pick up the ringing phone. I absolutely knew that my face lit up as I saw her name flashing up on the screen. I held and place it over my ear.