Tulips Extra [Rosé's Truth]

I was playing the fool to myself.

People became foolish when it comes to love.

Love? Laughable isn't it?

I ain't sure what people may call this, hence, I'm absolutely sure it is already past the admiration stage. I do know I harbour such feelings towards Lisa, my friend's fiancéé. I shouldn't have felt this. But, I can't help it. It's out of my control.

When was the time I started liking her?

Well, maybe once upon a time when she treaded inside the crowded Elfie wearing her vacant face. Evidently, the horde of drunk buffoons and the place isn't up to her taste. Time stop momentarily, and I was engulfed inside the world where she and I only exist. Fast drumming of heart, deafening of ears and whatsoever magical happens that moment.

Followed by the event at the dairy. She was just so charismatic in every angle and seems like she isn't aware of it. Her deep brown eyes that I can't tear my gaze away, it's sucking me deeper. The sexy smirk on her lips consumed every bit of my energy to the maximum extent. Despite her remarkable candour, there's something with her that you can't make yourself hate her. Even Irene–I can sense she's starting to warm up with Lisa.

And it feels like life is mocking me, she ends up becoming my friend's fiancée, Jennie. 

I'm a walking cliché, my life is cliché. I won't deny that. Helplessly falling for my friend's fiancée.

I've been dragging an indefinitely numerous series of sighs ever since I settle myself on the bench outside the dairy we twice met.

I was on my way home and decided on a whim to drop by. Maybe, to hurt me even more? Jisoo was frankly right, I'm one of those masochist bishes.

"I hope you're not planning on murdering someone." I jolt out, yet froze hearing the familiar deep voice of the woman who outwardly left me unintentionally in disarray state every encounter we had.

"Lisa." I husked out.

She drew a smirk and extended a can of beer before collapsing by my side. I took and stared at the can for quite some time. She crosses her legs gaping straight ahead observing every passing car whilst drawing the can next to her lips.

"It's kinda late, why are you still out?" she asked not even looking my way.

I match her posture and take a swig upon the can before biting back, "In all fairness, I'm old enough for time restriction, Lisa."

She chuckles humorously over the can, she took another sip and slowly drags her brown eyes at me. I gulp hard, my heart was seriously trying to leap out from my chest. I was melting under her gaze, fuck! Oh, god—I just cussed. "Should I call you ajumma?" she jest.

I answered with an eye roll, putting a false front that her chuckles didn't affect me, where in fact it's penetrating straight to my heart down to my soul.

"You really are friends with Jennie," she indicates with a different smile settling on her lips.

I see. I can clearly see from her eyes, the radiance aura she's exuding upon the mention of her fiancée's name.

Whatever I do, she wouldn't see me the way she does with Jennie. It's honestly hard to fight a losing battle. I wouldn't stand even a lone chance.

The more my feelings grown the more the prick in my heart became unbearable. I'm terrified if I can't contain the feeling I might lose myself.

"You can share your thoughts to me, I'm all ears." she gives me a side-long look of concern, "Only if you feel like it, or if it isn't personal."

"It was nothing—was just tired handling patients."