Tulips 12 [Lieutenant?]

It took hours to appease an irritated Irene. Jennie avoided every word and thing that might ruffle her friend's feather again. She explained everything nicely as if it would pacify her friend's ferocity. Gladly, it worked.

Irene tousle her hair exasperatedly for the umpteenth time, "I can't still believe it—You're marrying a woman." she releases a long sigh, "The world totally gone mad..."

"It's actually not that bad." Jennie thoughtlessly blurted out, taking a spoon of her food. It made Rosé turn her head towards her friend, same as Irene who has a stupefied reaction.

"What?" She looks at her friend back and forth.

Irene just shake her head, eyeing the oncologist. "I had enough of this for today... Let's go Chaeng we're getting late." she stood on her heels, grabbing her sling bag.

"What about you, Jennie?" Rosé asked.

"My shift's at 10, I'll just follow."

"Well, then see ya later." the bubbly woman waves her hand at her, plastering a grin on her face.

Once her friends were gone the oncologist drag a weary sigh, she was all depleted from the messy event. She took her time enjoying her food alone. She never felt lonely eating by herself before but it drastically changes upon having two meals together with the lieutenant. Even though Lisa would just silently eat her food across the table, her presence was enough for Jennie to savor her own meal. The vibe felt lonesome and she completely dislike it.

Jennie pushes it all aside and carries on eating. When she finishes, she went straight to Lisa's room preparing herself for work. She went out of the bathroom wearing a white robe, drying her hair using a towel. She was inspecting herself in front of the mirror when she take notice of a brown billfold set on top of the dresser. She took it and peek inside, it was her fiancée's wallet as Lisa's driver's license tucked inside the compartment. Thankfully she has a lot of time to spare, as to why she decided on dropping it off. And, she did.

Once all done, she immediately navigates to Lisa's work. It took her half an hour to reach her destination. As she saunters inside the station, all eyes were on the gorgeous doctor. Men were practically drooling, they've gawked at the way her hips moves over her fitted black pencil skirt. They're probably stripping her naked inside their perverted minds.

Jennie went straight to the front desk. She was welcomed by a jovial woman sporting her police uniform.

"Annyeonghaseyo Joh-eun halu, how can this humble officer attend your needs ma'am." 

"Um, good morning—I'm actually looking for Officer Manoban." the doctor politely said, but received a confused look from the lady officer.

"I'm sorry ma'am but we don't have Officer Manoban in this department. Maybe you got the wrong station." she courteously told her.

Jennie rolled the sleeve of her peach office polo up to her elbow, she then folded her arms together just above her belly, "No, I'm definitely sure this is Lisa's department."

"Lisa? Oh! You mean Lieutenant Manoban?"

That surely throws confusion within the doctor's mind. She's furrowing her brow together not hiding how baffled she is.

Just in time, Lt. Kim came into the scene, propping her hands above the table, she glance at Jennie but avert quickly, "Officer Hwang, please inform me of the Captain's arrival."

"Yes Lt. Kim," she chirped at the retreating woman forgetting about the doctor's presence. However, the clearing of her throat pulls the lady officer out from her fantasy.