Tulips Extra [Jisoo's Endeavour]

JISOO'S

I was so damn fucking exhausted even though I did nothing, I just sat outside and waited for Lisa to get out from her covert operation hoping she won't bury a hole in someone's head. And I wasn't lying when I said I was more concerned for those guys' safety than hers. I knew her very well, we've been partners for as long as I can remember.

Let's talk about something else, something more interesting. Like this grouchy angel who's driving me home.

"I bet if I did travel with my feet I already arrived at home and probably sprawling around enjoying my dark brewed coffee and reading the volume 2 of Sherlock holmes." I goad. I was trying to annoy her. I found her reactions cute. The way she glares.

"That's it! I'll pull over and you can walk your way home, stranger." she countered, yet not glancing at me. She's all too focused on the road. We've been like this since we left Lisa's home.

I just gave her a laugh, an annoying one that always made Lisa groan out of frustration which I found amusing. Well, I like riling people, testing their patience. Just don't test my own, because who knows? I might throw you a punch.

She groaned and grip the steering firmly, "God, why did I put myself into this mess." the way she's biting her lower lip out of anger gave a quiet stir within my already chaotic system. Forgive my sinful thoughts about this beauty. 

"Oh, If it was Lisa rather than me I bet you'd feel more delighted." I bait, I'm not oblivious like a certain friend of mine. She abruptly steps on the brake pedal which almost sends me out of the windshield. Thankfully I buckled my seat belt, one thing I learnt from my career. Safety comes first.

The car literally stops in the middle of the fucking high road.

"What was that for?! Come on, we gonna get in trouble from the traffic unit." I turn my head to face her.

"What the hell did you just tell me?" she flared and sends me a glare.

I shrug my shoulders, acting all cool as I pressed my back against the car interior.

Chaeng snaps at me, sending me her alluring glares—Oh, that's cute. "You're spouting nonsense!" she added in fury.

"Can you just drive? May I remind you we're not the only one passing the road." I uttered and glance at the rear-view mirror looking at the approaching cars from behind. Luckily, she heeds my call and started maneuvering the car.

After minutes of silence, I decided to break it off, again and aggravate her more.

"Eyes never lie, sweetie," I mumbled making sure I grazed it with heavy ribbing.

She pursed her lips together making a grim line, and I knew I won.

However, she pulled the car over the street, never uttering anything. I'll take back what I just said about winning. She then blows an air making a few strands of blonde hair dance along with it. It's almost fascinating. She yank her door open and briskly step out, I was baffled yet I still follow her. There she is, over the vending machine tugging a coin inside it and punching the most epic alcoholic drink, which I doubt I wouldn't even dare to sip. Beer.

She plucked it open, and take a swig almost emptying the can. I just observe her from the side-line, leaning my back against the machine.

She chug it again and toss the emptied can over the bin, as she inserted another coin. She draw the new set of beer on her lips and take a sip again. She give me a look that I didn't desire to receive from her. 

"Go on, you can laugh at my face." she laughs bitterly and sluggishly slump her butt over the nearest metal bench along the pavement with well-trimmed bushes behind.

I followed and sit beside her. I stare above the somber sky if it's not for the lamp post we would be surrounded by darkness. "Why would I do that." I flatly stated.

"I dunno? Maybe because you like to poke fun at almost everyone." she unsurely stared at me and shrugs her shoulders.

I stared back and rolled my eyes. "Correction. Not to everyone. And– I wouldn't dare laugh at someone's genuine feelings."

She tore her eyes away hanging her head low and focused on the can instead, she went fidgety all of a sudden. "Am I that obvious? Does she know? God! I made myself look pathetic in front of them!" she growls afterward and frowns.

Well, she's still beautiful.

I can't seem to rip my eyes away from her

I can't seem to rip my eyes away from her. Her side features were mesmerizing, she does really look like an angel. "I doubt that. My friend is a full-pledge oblivious. So, she wouldn't know. But, I can't say the same about your friend, Jennie. She might."

She whips her head and faces me. And what made me almost jolt out from my skin is how she grasped my hand and clasp it between hers. Fucking soft.

Her face lit up and slowly tug a smile, "Really?! Oh, thank goodness! Here I thought I made myself a walking clown." She breathes out as she mindlessly caresses my hand.

"I wasn't sure about Jennie." I reminded.

"She—I think she didn't found out yet. She'll confront me if ever. She's a methodical woman after all. Well, I kinda think she's catching fee—

Her voice tuned out as I was staring at our clasp hand not even minding whatever she mumbles. Minutes after, I wasn't still in the right mind. As soon as she realize I was focused on something else, she followed my sight and hurriedly retreated her hands away. And I nearly groan from the loss of contact, the warmth from her soft hand that seared through my skin. 

"Gosh! I'm sorry. I was just—um, I haven't realized my own actions. I'm so sorry." she chuckles covering her embarrassment. Hence, the pink tint coated her cheeks I strangely found attractive of all things. She's damn precious.

God!

Of all people, why it has to be my friend?

It could be me.