Tulips 7 [Engagement]

Later that date, 14 days to be exact. The engagement preparations were all done. Lisa and Jennie didn't even lift a single finger, it was all done without them knowing. It was 4 in the afternoon when the designer long dress arrived on Kim's doorstep together with the hairdresser and the pro-make-up artist with her assistant. All that's left is Jennie's arrival. An hour passed, yet, the doctor is still no show, not even her shadow. Her mom started to get nervous, as she was doubting her daughter's resolve.

She was walking to and fro inside their living room, which they agitatedly waited for the doctor. The 3 other individuals were following her every move, they stayed silent on their seats.

"I'll call he—

"It's still early, she'll come honey." Mr. Kim hindered her from talking, the man was calmly reading the book in his hand not even paying his wife a single glance. "Keep your calm," he added.

"How can I Sung-ho? What if she changes her mind? We should really fetch her u—

"Who's you're going to pick up?"

Everyone flips their heads towards the door, gaping at the face-pale doctor. She walks towards them, bending down to kiss her father's cheek then hug her mom who's standing beside her. Mr. Kim draws a timid grin, putting his book aside.

"I was nervous honey, I thought you run away." Her mom said playfully.

"Sorry, I got stuck on my outpatient." she drawled, after pulling away from the embrace, she arched her brows at her mom seeing unfamiliar faces attentively looking at her, "By the way eomma, who're these people?"

"They're in charge to make you the most beautiful woman tonight," she said with all the enthusiasm in her voice, whilst the frown settle on the doctor's face. Clearly, she's against the idea. Her mom cradles her fingers on her hair soothing it again and again. The motherly smile never leaves her face as she's doing it to her daughter. "I'm so proud of you honey."

The doctor sigh in her nose, "Eomma... " she can't fight back when her mom is being like this. 

After a few chats in the living room, they proceeded on the main course. Redoing Jennie's hair, putting light yet classy makeup that would complement her long dress and will bring out her natural beauty.

All in all, she was downright gorgeous.

On the other side, inside the banquet hall of Lotte City Hotel in Myeongdong, the Manoban's in their glamorous attire greeted every guest, exchanging chivalries here and there. Lisa who wears a formal suit seemed to fully blend into the crowd full of businessmen and women in their elegant suits and dresses, hence, she felt entirely out of place. Despite how natural she looks she can't find belongingness in this crowd full of socialites.

After greeting almost all of the guests, sending her their regards, congratulatory, and other business-related runs of mouth

After greeting almost all of the guests, sending her their regards, congratulatory, and other business-related runs of mouth. The Lieutenant decided to distance herself, she walks near the corner settling herself on a single chair with a rounded table in the centre. She roams her eyes observing every people chatting, and enjoying their time with each other. She's swirling the glass of Jack Daniel's in her hold, she then averts her eyes to the glass she's holding. Staring how the cube of ice turn into small pellets, looping around the glass each of her swirls, she found it more amusing rather than to gawked at those money-talking people.