Tulips Extra [Drunk Love]

Making ourselves vulnerable to love is one thing, but losing ourselves in fantasy is another.

—Huffington Post—

Yes, I was a weird, bizarre, and most of all upsetting character like Lisa always shove those on my face almost every waking day of my life and how people reckoned me to be, but I was never mundane nor humorous. It was just me Jisoo.

You wouldn't believe me if I told you that this is the 50th time I have attempted to call that jerk, yet I was answered by a voice prompt and directed to voice mail for the 50th as well.

"Fuck!" I gritted out another curse. I've been spilling chains of profanities since that jerk called. I can't stop myself to be anxious, more so panicked knowing she'd do something stupid when drunk.

When I stare at the rear-view mirror I was met by concerned hollowed-eyes, wrinkles were transparent on each side of it showing how years have worn him out.

"Something's wrong young lady?" he quickly snapped at the road, as quick as to how he navigated a blind curved.

I sigh through my nose calming myself enable to give out a polite response rather than a snarl, "It was my friend—stupid friend."

"Is it bad?" he asked worried.

"For sure it is, knowing her." I chuckled as I observed his lips from the mirror twitch and slowly form a small grin. "Um, ahjussi. Can we get a little faster?" he nodded, adhering to my demand. I was nervously tapping my shoed foot upon the car's floor. I dunno I felt a sudden spike of the pulse, and heart-thumping hard. God, please.

After we raced the paved road, though we still followed traffic rules. Stopping at every red light every corner, decreasing speed whenever necessary. At last, he pulled across the street fronting the buzzing Elfie bar, neon lights were gleaming, Dj's loud music playing with the long line of party goers outside

I dig the hollow of my back pocket, pulling out my billfold. Briskly plucking a bill, and extended over to him. "Kamsahamnida for your good service ahjussi." I yanked the door opened not giving him any chance to hand the change.

"Wait—wait young lady you—

"It was your tip ahjussi." I flash a smile, stepping my foot out as I drag my body entirely. The freezing winter breeze slapped all over my fairly clothed body. Nonetheless, I still manage to hear his gratitude, though the voice was faintly heard as I closed the door.

I strode across the street aiming straight at the entrance. The bulky and a little bit menacing bouncer sized me up, I nearly scoff. In lieu, I gave out a long sigh, grabbing my wallet presenting my VIP card. I have no time to be smug, proving my ego was as tall as the N Seoul Tower with this sinewy man. He signaled after verifying the authenticity of my pass, in a fleet-footed way I made way inside the chaotic bar. Stretching my neck on its limit to find a blonde woman. There—I spotted her as easy as that. Well, you can easily notice someone when you have eyes on them. Even from afar with hordes of smelly people around, I can tell apart, it was her. Her outstanding presence was overshadowing every wannabe lady dancing and grinding or maybe humping over the centre floor jiving along with the flirtatious music. I bumped through the crowds, pushing and elbowing each as I try to close the distance between me and the slump-shouldered blonde sitting tediously upon the barstool.

What could've happened?

When I appeared behind her, she was about to lift the bottle of my greatest enemy—beer, hence, I snatch it and took a swig. I squeezed my eyes, as the rusty taste and acid flooded my throat. Why do I feel so compliant about this? That bastard Lisa sure pay for this.