Tulips 15.1 [Bring it On]

The sun is soaring high beneath the sky, yet it wasn't scorching hot

The sun is soaring high beneath the sky, yet it wasn't scorching hot. The sun seems like a joke in the midst of the winter season. People walking on the sidewalk either sporting on their long-trench coat, woolly jackets, or whatsoever thick clothing they can cover their own flesh over the cold winter. The two lieutenants inside the black car weren't an exception. 

Myeongdong is nice and convenient but Hongdae is right up the alley for any kind, it fits everyone's taste.  Lieutenant Manoban was gaping at the high skyscrapers around Hongik Daehakgyo or famously known as Hongdae inside the unregistered vehicle. She was amazed how the once run-down street became progressive, establishments pack everywhere. The vibe felt young and bursting with energy. Club-goers striding right down the alley, the place is the center of club culture in Seoul. It's where young Korea goes out to party. It was a sign of prosperity, whereas Korea can really stand on the same ground as the prominent first-world countries. The strong aroma of brewed coffee across the street filled her nose. She tore her eyes from the tall buildings and scan the surrounding. If there's one place to get lost in Seoul, Hongdae would be it. 

"El Diablo." she read the signage of the Spanish equivalent for The Devil that was securely fastened above a certain small resto-bar. She was drumming her fingers against the steering as she turn her head sideways, "Are you sure this is the right place chu?"

"No doubt. " Jisoo replied without hesitation. "Though this place looks harmless. So much cool shit to discover here." 

"Looks can be deceiving chu. It might be a resto for cover-up and a fucking drug den beneath."

"How'd you know?" 

"It wouldn't take a genius to figure something easy as that—and by the looks, my speculation may be right," Lisa stated flatly. "Look at those guys lurking around the resto, those unsettled eyes, the anxious tapping of their shoes against the pavement, they can't even settle in one place. Doesn't it seem odd?" she supplies her theory with concrete evidence.

"Yeah, and their get-up was like a London gangster revived from the 1970s." Jisoo snorts and started laughing, "Oh, wait how can you see their eyes from here?" she asked afterward in utter amazement. 

Lisa sigh in exasperation, "Of all the things I said that's the only thing you'd catch?"

"Don't blame me, that was the easiest thing to remember."

"Lt. Kim where is your sense of humour?" she said with dripping irony.

Jisoo pulled an innocent face, "I lost it, long time ago." she quipped back.

After Jisoo's fit, they took their time observing the place from across the street. Scanning every people who went in and out. 

"The establishment was named under Seo Min-chul, the same person you asked me to look into." Jisoo flashes the tablet containing the man's file.