Tulips 16.2 [A day with the Lieutenant]

"By the way, I really like—no scratch that. I love the place you brought me into."

"That's given." she shrugs on her shoulders, collapsing her body on the leather couch. I followed through and sat beside her, with a fair distance this time.

"I much favor comfort than a luxury." She blurted while scanning her phone.

"Oh—was Porsche isn't luxurious enough? If it isn't, I'm not sure how to define luxury anymore." I rolled my eyes, giving her a sarcastic response.

She let out a chuckle and briefly side glance at me, "That's an exemption."

Her irises turn another shade of brown when hit with light, it's very fascinating. I have taken notice of how beautiful her irises are before. Hence, it was different this time. It's enchanting like I can sit all day and just watch those pair of brown eyes.

"What's running on your mind?" I was pulled out from my reverie as she spoke.

"Let's sleep together." I mindlessly stated. Shit. Shock passed my face as well as hers, I deliberately palmed my face.

"What?" she raised her tone, widening her eyes. I have never seen her brown eyes bulge out like this before. Of course, she was gobsmacked, for I myself was totally shaken from my own assertion. I have to clear myself out of this embarrassment.

"Not the sleep thing—what I mean is the act of sleeping itself." I look her way, just to witness her smirking down on me.

"Of course... " She drawled with a hint of sarcasm.

"We already sleep together in my room, what's the difference now? And– I don't want to be held responsible if you end up catching a cold or worst ailments." I added.

She laughs heartily, which runs a shiver down my spine causing me to squirm a bit against the seat, "I know what you mean– I was just teasing you."

I glared at her, twitching my lips. "You better be, beac—

I wasn't able to finish my words when her other phone started ringing against her pocket, she haul it and stared down with knitted brows. She motions the phone as I nod in response. She answered the call within my earshot, and for a moment my blood boil along with the firm clenching of my teeth. A sensually fucking voice of a woman spoke over the goddamn phone.

"Wait for a second," she pulls the phone away and turns to face me, "You go first Jennie and I'll follow after this." I just give her a nod and rose from the leather seat making my way upstairs.

"Psh. I'll follow my ass!" I hissed between gritted teeth, mimicking her deep voice. All of a sudden my mood went sour. I throw myself at the tub, submerging my boiling anger over a bubbled soap water with a lavender scent. It's totally not my business whoever called her late at night and who the fuck she meet behind my back. I don't fucking care. Totally.

I heave a deep sigh, tilting my head back resting it against the ceramic tub. I let my hair down, covering my naked breast closing my eyes as I try to find my relaxation.

In a while I heard a careful opening of the door, I can even hear her footstep going over the walk-in closet.

"Jennie don't sleep on the bath." She half-yelled behind the door and purposely knock loudly, pissing me off.

"Get lost!"

I step out of the tub with all my glory. I grab the robe and swiftly shrug it over my body. I tied my slightly damp hair in a lousy bun as I slip out of the bath. She glance at me over the bed, roaming her eyes over my body but smartly not lingering longer at my covered parts.