Tulips 13.1 [Under a White Christmas with a ... Friend]

JENNIE'S

The rest of the weeks slipped by like any other day, two sleeps away and it would be the most-awaited holiday, the Christmas season. It wasn't the usual days I have spent for the last 10 years of my boring life. My mundane life as you could see was in a drastic change, without my own knowledge of course. Everything just so happens in a snap, a family dinner changes it all. The presence of this infuriating almost 7 footer human changes everything. Like I found myself being fascinated with her bluntness, unyielding, and uptight attitude when under normal circumstances I should hate it. I distance myself from people with such attitude for too long, yet the irony, I was stuck with her.

Anyhow, she's not spewing nonsense every now and then. But, if she's convicted on something, she'll definitely stand on her ground high and mighty. Thickheaded sometimes, but that just what I like about the Lieutenant.

Not like, the like. It was just a mere admiration, nothin' more nothin' less. I wouldn't like to dive into it more.

I was started to get the hang of it, having someone eating breakfast and dinner with me. It was quite a long time since I have one, a companion. I buried the feeling a long time ago, in the deepest pits of hell.

Well back to the lieutenant, it was just a fraction of time that I took notice of the hidden kindness sipping over her snarky facade. I dunno if anyone has taken notice of it yet, maybe, her friend Jisoo did. And, the very fact that she listened to whatever goddamn I spout is surprisingly pleasant to me. Not just the act of listening but she's taking it all, instilling everything I say.

She won't spew words to impress someone, regrettably, it's quite the opposite. Never coated her words, she'll strike on your neck without thinking twice that's just how she is. Maybe her difference was drawing me closer? In a friendly way of course. Well, I consider her a friend now.

To wrap it up, I'm enjoying her company. As a Friend, as it should be. For she is a Woman.

And as of the moment in the Sunday evening after our dinner. I'm drooping my legs off of the couch slightly touching the cold marble floor. Holding a cup of hot chocolate, my focus darted on the led tv screen in the living room.

"Riverdale? Cliché. I didn't peg you for someone who fancies a thriller-romance?" she commented with her usual deep voice that resonate through my eardrums. I didn't pay her a glance, but I can see in the corner of my eyes the smirk on her well-made face. I felt the couch dip as she sank herself beside me which of course she leave a safe distance in between and lavishly crossed her legs grasping a can of beer. I can feel the warmth emitting from her body over this cold winter evening. It urges me to snuggle closer to her, to feel more of that inviting warmth. Hence, I was still sane to do it. I wouldn't cross the invisible line set between us.

I place the cup on the oak coffee table in the centre. "Better than watching chick-flick." I bite back instead, not even paying her a glance.

"Maybe right—Only half-brained arse watches those." she quipped.

"Why not indulge, and loosen up a bit? It's just a movie. Maybe chick-flick would be your eye-opener, and you would find yourself in the situation where you completely cast away your." I was reluctant about my next choice of words, but I push it through. "I dunno—Mistrust to people?" I found her amused eyes that were already boring at mine, then I move my shoulders up and down slightly pouting at her.

Yet, again she pulled a chuckle in her stash, "If you think in that sense, something like that can only exist in fantasy." she followed it with head waggles, "and, I don't have trust issues..." she added, then jiggles the can.

I sometimes found myself stunned by the way she talks, I was always caught reading between those lines she mindlessly throw. She really intrigued me more and more. And, I figured it won't sate at any given time.