Tulips 36 [Calm before the Storm]

LISA'S

All through the months being with Jennie, it was pretty much frisky and life-satisfying or maybe even life-changing. A gradual change blossoming from black and white into vibrant colour all thanks to her.

I learnt to put her happiness first—believe it or not—I was the happiest in doing so. Seeing the grin she plastered.

Enough with Jennie's outbreak, as of this time I came off the road while driving Jennie's car rounding a bend at breakneck speed. The street blurred passed as her holden achieved its maximum speed. If my guess were right this car has never obtained this kind of speed since purchase. 160 mph, not bad.

As I round the corner, the soaring high building of Anam Hospital proudly showed off just metres away from where I was stuck, waiting for the green light to flash. However, I wasn't that impatient or even bored and I should give credit to the symphony of McCartney playing along with the car stereo. Well, they say that life is melody so vast and eternal that human ears can't appreciate the tonal range of the symphony. For some people maybe, but in my opinion, a symphony is what makes us human. The extent to which human intelligence gets manifested is predicated on the symphony between our bodies and brains. A simple balance of emotions is the symphony itself.  That is my personal stance.

So much for classical music, I wasn't born a musician in any sense. Without taking notice I was already at the ground parking space, searching around for a place to park. 

It didn't take so much time to make it inside the hospital lobby. The first I spotted is Rosie busy scrolling on her phone, with an iced cappuccino coffee on the other hand. This woman is really on the same level as Jisoo when it comes to recklessness. She's walking in a busy lobby, with eyes all darted on the phone perhaps not blinking. I walk in her direction and halt just in front of her blocking her path.

"Can you please mo—

She slowly drag her eyes away from the device just to be stupefied seeing a smirking me in front.

"Lisa—it was just you." I walk alongside her, she slowly tugs a grin and gestures the cup in her hand, "Coffee?"

"Nah, I'm good," I pulled a polite dismissive gesture, and went on, "—and you should do task one at a time Rosie. You might trip or worst case you might end up spilling your coffee to someone or to yourself, none of the two scenarios would do you any good."

She chuckles over her cold coffee, Rosie may be good at hiding things but I'm all aware she is flustered considering the obvious pink shade coating her cheeks.

"Alright, I'll take your advice Lieutenant Manoban," she spoke between her cute giggles accompanied with a nod.

Not long after a glimpse of my gorgeous fiancée caught my eyes. A deliberate broadening of my lips happens. Rosie avert her gaze to where my sight was cast upon. But Jennie wasn't alone, a guy in his white coat is walking next to her. They were enthusiastically exchanging conversation, and judging from the curved on their lips the chitchat might be fairly good.

"That's Jennie's scumbag of an ex." she let me know, and let out an aggressive low growl.

Something about the whole arrangement of the event just didn't sit right with me, so I decided to look into the matter further.

"It's all Greek to me." I deadpanned, yet still in a coaxing way. She answered me with furrowed brows, which I promptly enlighten her, "What I mean is—if your ex is a scumbag would you speak to him pulling a smile every now and then?"

"Oh, that I can't give you the answer. All I know was that man is a jerk, a total arsehole." She said with a sneer, sending daggers towards the man.