Tulips 15.2 [Bring it On]

"Jennie," Lisa called her upon taking notice of her presence. At the same time Rosé, shifted awkwardly on her feet, stepping away from the lieutenant making a considerable distance between them. 

"You use the back door again?" she asked, and inch closer to Lisa. The lieutenant bobbed her head.

 "Have you had dinner?" she never hide the concern in her soft voice. Which catch the radiation oncologist's attention, Rosé bit her lower lip.

The lieutenant hum and scrunch her face afterward, "I had dinner with Jisoo—and, let me guess you had yours." 

The oncologist sniggered, and rolled her eyes in a playful manner, "I didn't know that sorcery is your second job." 

Instead of biting back Lisa take a step and stood right in front of her, without thinking it through the lieutenant raised her hand and brushes her thumb against the side of Jennie's lips. The doctor's body stiffens, she intakes a sharp breath. Time stop and all she could see is Lisa and the brown irises that were boring straight at her. 

"The mustard rat you out Jennie." she drawled and smirk, snapping the doctor out from her stupor.

Jennie cleared her throat and walk past the lieutenant grabbing a glass as she pour crystal clear water out from the fridge. She chugs it in one go and pours another one, she breathed out to gather her scattered thoughts. 

Just the same, Rosé was just timidly watching the fiancée's casual exchange that of course made a wild churn inside her stomach. Not a churn out from delight but a kind of churn that made her want to run away from the sight. She fish out her phone to distract herself, yet she was struggling to focus on her boring feeds when her interest was wandering off to somewhere else. 

Lisa mindlessly stood closely beside Jennie and lean her back on the sink, "Are you that thirsty? You drink like a camel." 

"Have you seen a camel before?" she sassily bite back, perking her brow.

"Yeah, I was staring at her now." seeing the look on Jennie's face, the lieutenant slipped a peal of mini laughter out of her lips.

"Jerk!" she snarled, with an obvious pretend irritation, "Anyway—How's work?" 

"The usual." she sighs from her nose, then glances at the woman beside her.

"Doesn't look to me."

"Do I look morbid than usual? I should give credit to the increasing number of lawbreakers here in Seoul. They actually outnumbered us," She chuckles in between her sentiments, "But really I'm fine." she drawled. 

The doctor shifted her body to face her, she titled her head and examine Lisa's face. "The bags under your eyes say you're not." she quipped.

"Her cop job probably taking a toll over her body. A woman after all." Irene commented to make her presence known, all along she was just observing the duo's interaction.

"It's none of your concern." Lisa pressed in a cold tone. "Besides your remark didn't make you smart," she added, and intentionally let her response sound too glib to heighten her mockery against the woman.

The hematologist crossed her arm, she took the challenge as it irk every nerve in her body, "You're way too superficial, were all the people in English country act arrogantly like you?" she ferociously bites back without filtering her nasty words. 

"Irene..." Rosé and Jennie both warned at the same time.

"Will you stop stereotyping people?" In spite of the rage whirling within her, Lisa stayed on her straight face and low voice. 

"Oh, my mistake! I got it mixed up. Maybe not all white people are like you." she continue on her assault, not minding her friends' warning and how they glared at her.

Rosé rose on her heels, walking to her fuming friend's side. She grabbed Irene's arms, "That's enough Irene—Let's just head home." 

While Jennie nervously eyed her fiancée, her feline eyes were filled with solicitude. She was aware of how enraged Lisa is right now. Considering the firm clenching of her chiseled jaw and how she sternly stare at Irene.

It was the lieutenant's snarkiness that left a lasting impression on Irene's mind. It appears to be that the hematologist doesn't have any plan to back down even though Lisa just keeps silent wise. "I wonder how Jennie managed to stand a self-important person like you. You have some serious superiority complex you know that?" she hit where it would hurt the most. She wasn't lenient in her every verbal attack towards the Lieutenant. It was the last push. Lisa look at her with slight contempt, her patience is wearing thin. She smartly storm out from the kitchen before she could say something that may crush the hematologist's pride. Not just the pride but as well as the heart. 

A supposedly casual conversation swiftly morphs into an ugly dispute.

"That wasn't necessary Irene." Jennie's suppressed anger was the last thing she heard before climbing upstairs. 

She went inside her room, which become Jennie's turf. She blows air and sips again, repeating the process over and over just to calm her rage. The moon cast light upon the windowpane and reflect on the vase that was pleasantly set above the nightstand. The yellow tulip shed a glow across the darkroom radiating calmness throughout the lieutenant. She saunters and stood in front of it, and delicately brushes her finger around the yellow tulip to appease her boiling rage. She took another deep breath, letting her anger subside. It gives her a tranquil mind.

A smile slowly forms in her once crumpled face, "Jennie..." she mumbles softly, watching the glowing thing from the vase and caressing it as if it was the woman, not the tulip flower. 

"Lisa." upon hearing Jennie's voice from behind she glances at her over her shoulder. The doctor was frowning, eyes hold between concern and sorry. She then leisurely saunters and stood beside Lisa, "I already talked to Irene, It won't happen again, I swear. I'm really sorry." 

However, the Lieutenant didn't respond. She was cast down at the vase. 

The doctor was following her every move, "You also like tulips?" she softly asked, as she take sight of the calm settling over her fiancée's aspects. 

"Who knows." the lieutenant muttered in-depth meaning. Albeit, the doctor was unable to grasp the profundity of her remark. 

Jennie hummed along with her thoughtful nod. "It's beautiful, isn't it? It's my favorite."

Though the dark was consuming everything around the room she can still perceive the bright smile playing on the doctor's lips, she was staring at the alluring smile like it was pulling her inside a loop of enchantment, "Indeed, it's a beauty." she husked. 

For Lieutenant Manoban Jennie was like a tulip, radiating even in the room filled with darkness.