Tulips 25 [The Dawn of Something]

JENNIE'S

"Jennie? Not done yet?" that's the hundred times Lisa has knocked on the bedroom door, asking the same question almost every minute.

I wasn't finished putting on light make-up, how can I when she keeps on disturbing me every tick of the clock. "Almost done! Wait at the car will ya."

"Fine..." she drawled and shuffles away behind the door.

When I finish I scan my reflection over the mirror, having a simpering smile whilst nodding my head out of self-approval. I grab my purse and made my way directly to the garage. She was there, folding her arms and leaning her back against her Targa sporting in her casual, a bennie on top of her head, white shirt, and loose jeans.

I often wonder how does she manage to look cool without even trying.

She was scrutinizing my body, probably the slightly revealing off-the-shoulder dress I'm wearing.

"It's just my cousin, you don't have to dress up like that," she spoke in somehow I think a tone of irritation, and she ended with an eye roll. This idiot. I'm dressing up for you, not for your cousin.

"It doesn't mean I'll wear rags, and humiliate you for having a fiancée who's ignorant and doesn't know how to dress well."

She keep her mouth under wraps lost her gut to fight and ended up opening the door for me. I settled on the leather interior, she gently shut the door and strode to the driver's side. She snap her seat belt and glance at me, checking if I was safely buckled. She then gave me an approving nod, and carry on maneuvering the car out of the garage, out of the gate rolling to the high road of Yongsan. Whilst I was gazing outside the blackout window.

I turn to her, cutting through the silence, "By the way Lisa, you haven't mentioned this cousin of yours before." I prodded.

"Jeongyeon?" she asked without glancing at me, yet I nodded. "Ah, yeah she got back last month, and I missed the chance to introduce you two. She's on a never-ending frolicked way back in her Cleveland life and she happens to resume it here. Basically a party goer."

"She grew up in Cleveland?"

"No–just works there." she pay me a glance and snapped back at the road. However, I remained my gaze at her side features.

"What kind of work?" I prodded.

"The type who always digs someone's privy life." she jest, along with her light chuckles.

I gave her a glared that she responded with a shoulder's shrug. "News—she's a journalist."

I practically wide my eyes in astonishment, "Oh, wow. Does that mean we'll often see her in any news station in South Korea henceforth?"

"Probably."

"Is she an anchor or field?"

"Field reporter. I was glad she ain't on entertainment otherwise she'll keep on messing someone's private life." She uttered grazing the words a bit of contempt.

"Tough job." I huff out and pressed my back more adjacent to the leather interior.

Lisa glance at me, with her charming hence annoying smirk, "Nothing's simple or easy when it comes to life's survival, Jennie."

I knew she was right but I just couldn't bear her smug expression. "You really have a say on everything don't you lieutenant?"

She release a laugh, and let it subside before speaking, and throw me another smirk, "Stop being cute Jennie."

I force myself to look away and stared outside instead. I keep my mouth clamped, fighting a grin to surface. Shit, I was ambushed with her blunt attack, I couldn't even bite back all I hear is the fast drumming of my heart. At this rate, she'll really have her way without giving me a chance to fight.