Tulips 39 [Mournful Lullaby]

"Gear up ladies!" Lt. Manoban directed at the passenger as she check the magazine of the assault rifle, pushing the magazine release and allowing the gravity to help the mag fall out of the gun.

They hurl back in an urbane yet abrupt response in accordance with the lieutenant's words.

On the other side, the acute situation where momentarily hold up which the captors kept a teenager as a hostage inside an abandoned cabin in the mountains of Namsan, viewing downtown Seoul's skyline. He is threatening to kill the hostage unless his demands are met. Upon confirming the man's identity, they were informed that he's an illicit drug user.

There were police cars just outside the cabin yet they secure a fair distance encompasses from the area. A total of five police cars parked down the street at the foot of the slope. Police officers secured every escape route, they are on stand-by waiting for the special unit—Swat to arrive and take action. Moreover, some media swept in to cover the hostage-taking scene.

Over the course of an hour, the Swat unit wind up at the apparent scene, after a few negotiations the person inside was unresponsive, so they attempted to force the entry. During the process of ramming the door too forcefully open, two gunshots are heard. They went alarmed but stayed still as their commander—Lisa ordered for a halt. The fragile teenage girl bust a gut to steal the gun from her captor's leading to the narco user's enragement. The loud enraged scream of the man follows as he swings a fist at the girl making her grovel to the ground yet it didn't stop there he fired another consecutive shot.

Lt. Manoban signal Sgt. Kim along with Officer Oh to secure another passage. She was dreadful in all sense. They rounded the cabin and open the window in haste. Whilst Lisa together with her team forced their passage resulting in disfigured hardwood door.

Time is the most important factor in handling a situation such as this, that span of time is necessary to develop some rapport to negotiate with the captor. However, this time they failed to diffuse the situation, resulting in the most gruesome case. The hostage-taking ended with the tragic death of an innocent young lady before the Swat could flush inside the cabin. They were offered by two dead bodies laying over the floor bathing with their own blood; one is the captor the other is the innocent soul. As far as one can deduce the situation, the criminal ended his own life.

Lt. Manoban turned pale and started to shiver. Sgt. Park and Officer Im huddled together in the corner sobbing as they were terrified of the horrendous spectacle. Others share the same grief as their heads turned downwards. A police officer from Jung-gu Station was notified about the committed crime and charge as well along with the forensic investigator, criminalistics officer, and medical examiner.

Lisa swept past the damaged door, and walk light-headedly. Media personnel together with their team with a handheld professional camcorder focus on the Lieutenant with an expression of sullen resentment, dark and unpleasant. The crime scene is currently broadcast live on every news station in South Korea.

Lisa unjacketed and glides down the slope, warm water trickling at the length of her arms and into her uniform. Ensuring she was out of sight, she vent her spleen continually lunging her fist on the metal surface of the Swat vehicle. Soft tissues of her hand were cut that result in breakage of the local capillaries and leakage of the rich red blood, coating her fists and glazing her arms. She endures the pain not until she was seized hold of by Sgt. Kim and Officer Oh grabbed each of her arms.

"That's enough commander." Beside him, Sgt. Kim spoke in impoverished dejection.

Lisa who was deprived of vitality held her head low with trembling shoulders. Witnessing her violent demeanour, her team with growing cumbrous feelings totally dives into the dumpster of upsetting feelings. They mourn. They cried. They were stuck into the most toxic form of emotional abuse; self-blame.