✾𝟲𝟬✾

The sun was setting as the mountains stood their ground

The sun was setting as the mountains stood their ground. Y/n and the three boys were still on their journey to the mountain. There was a particular mountain that stood out the most, and that is a very dark mountain that had an odd aura. "Wait!" Zenitsu said. 

"Could you wait just for a second?" Zenitsu asked. "Zenitsu, what's wrong?" Tanjiro asked Zenitsu. Zenitsu then sat on the ground as he held his knees fearfully, tears escaping out of his brown eyes. "I'm scared! Now that we're near our destination, I'm quaking in my boots!" he exclaimed with evidence of fear in his voice. "Why the hell is his ass on the ground? How creepy is that?" Inosuke asked. Y/n let out a small chuckle. 

"Who are you to talk, Pig Face? Don't tell me you're not getting any weird vibes from that mountain!" Zenitsu yelled as he raised his finger to point at the enormous mountain behind them. Tanjiro, Y/n, and Inosuke turned around and looked up at the mountain. Y/n stared at the mountain before she felt a bit odd about that mountain then the three of them faced Zenitsu once again. "Still, what good would it do to just sit here?" Y/n asked Zenitsu. "I told you, he's creepy," Inosuke said.

"I am anything but creepy!" Zenitsu shouted as he pointed a finger at Inosuke. "I'm normal! I'm the normal one!" Zenitsu yelled. Y/n stared with dotted eyes. "You guys are the abnormal ones!" Zenitsu shouted. "Except for you Y/n," Zenitsu smiled goofily. "You're not normal, but you're perfect," he blushed. "Why thank you," Y/n smiled gracefully before she felt something coming up towards the four of them, Y/n turned around, and so did Tanjiro. They both looked at the back, looking at the dark path. "What? What's wrong..?" Zenitsu asked. "Hey.. what is this smell?" Tanjiro asked as he ran "Tanjiro!" Zenitsu shouted. Inosuke looked back and rushed after Tanjiro. 

Y/n stood there alone with Zenitsu. "Zenitsu," Y/n said. "I'll see you there," Y/n said before she turned around and was about to take another step but Zenitsu grabbed her hand. "Y/n-chan," he called. "Please don't leave me," Zenitsu cried.

Y/n let go of Zenitsu's hand. "People are dying, Zenitsu--" Y/n said, as she started to walk again but then Zenitsu clung to her. "Please! Don't leave me alone out here!" Zenitsu screamed. "Don't leave my side!" Zenitsu yelled. Y/n then felt bad again. Y/n sighed. "Come with me then," Y/n said. Zenitsu whined. "Why don't we both just wait here?" Zenitsu asked. "No," Y/n said before she pushed Zenitsu off of her and ran at a steady pace, making sure to lead Zenitsu. Zenitsu then got up and ran behind her with super speed. "Y/n-chan! Don't leave me! I'm so scared, so scared!" Zenitsu cried as he swung his arms as he ran, clouds of smoke appeared behind him. Y/n let out a noise before she ran with a fast speed, but Zenitsu caught up. 

"Y/n-chan!" Zenitsu yelled. Zenitsu and Y/n saw Inosuke and Tanjiro close and so Y/n came to a halt, Zenitsu then slowed his pace down and panted when he grabbed his knees, panting next to Y/n. They saw a black-haired boy on the ground that was crawling towards the four. "H-help me," he begged as tears escaped his eyes. "He's got our uniforms on, he's a demon slayer! Something must've happened," Tanjiro exclaimed. Then, Tanjiro looked back at Y/n and Zenitsu before he grabs Y/n's hand and ran towards the mountain, Inosuke following. Zenitsu looked in horror. "Hold up!" Zenitsu yelled. Tanjiro stood before the boy. "Are you all right?" Tanjiro asked worriedly. Y/n furrowed her brows. "What happened?" Y/n asked. Then, Y/n saw a white shining line as her brows furrowed, then the man was pulled back into the mountain,  as he screamed for help. 

Tanjiro reached out a hand towards the man. "They were attached to me, too!" the man yelled. Y/n grimaced. "Help me!" the man yelled. The boy went inside the tree and disappeared. Zenitsu held his open mouth with both of his hands as he looked with wide eyes and terror. 

Then, a stench came flowing through Tanjiro's nostrils. Tanjiro's tightened the grip of their hands together. "I'm going." 

Y/n looked at Tanjiro. Then, Inosuke walked as his shoulders hit Tanjiro's. "I'll go on ahead," Inosuke said as he crossed his arms and grabbed the handle of his swords. "You can follow me, shivering in my boots, this is making me hungry," Inosuke said. "Inosuke," Tanjiro called out. "This is challenging for you enough, right?" Zenitsu shivered and cried. Inosuke then raised his arms and ran. "Let's go!" Inosuke yelled. "Do you want to go, Y/n?" Tanjiro asked as he looked at Y/n, Y/n looked at Zenitsu. Then, she looked back at Tanjiro. "Yeah," Y/n nodded. "Y/n," Zenitsu cried.