✾𝟲𝟭✾

tw : blood 

tw : blood 

The three of them ran away into the distance as Zenitsu shivered in shock and fear. The rocks in the mountain were oddly neat in line as small statues of unknown people were placed there neatly, however, moss grew on them as lush plants grew around there. A colony of spiders was crawling all over through the rocks and statues. 

A pair of feet were swinging back and forth, as the demon slayers hung from the web of the spiders. Tens of the slayers are hanging, some half alive, some dead. Inosuke, Y/n, and Tanjiro were walking together through the trees, as their boots clicked on the ground. Then, Inosuke stopped as he looked down at his hands that were filled with shining stands of webs. 

"What the hell is this?" Inosuke asked. 

Y/n looked over his shoulder to see his hands. "It's some sort of strings," Y/n said before she backed away a bit. They looked around there are and saw cobwebs that were designed intricately in between the trees. There was a huge white spider that laid calmly on one of them, it had a red pattern. "Spider webs, to be exact," Y/n added. 

"Spider webs?" Tanjiro asked. Y/n nodded. "Geez, this place is full of spider webs!" Inosuke exclaimed. "What a pain!" he added as he shook the webs off. "You're right," Tanjiro said in agreement. Y/n nodded. "Inosuke, Y/n," Tanjiro said. "What do you want?" Inosuke asked. "Yes?" Y/n said. "Thanks," Tanjiro said as his grip tightened and he smiled at Y/n, then at Inosuke. Inosuke let out a noise as he let go of his sword and slumped his shoulders. 

Y/n tilted her head. "For what, to be exact?" Y/n asked. "I feel a lot more encouraged since you both said you'd come along," Tanjiro smiled at Y/n and Inosuke. 

"That twisted, ominous scent I was picking up from this mountain... it made me freeze a little," Tanjiro explained. "Thanks!" Tanjiro exclaimed with a genuine voice.

These are pleasant and quite comfortable, always live your lives with great pride, I wish you luck in battle! Inosuke remembered.  Y/n let go of Tanjiro's hand and opened her arms before embracing him in a hug. "I love you," Y/n smiled. "I love you too," Tanjiro said with a small blush as he patted her head with a soft smile. Cotton balls appeared around Inosuke as he looked at the couple. Tanjiro then looked up and noticed something before he let go of Y/n. Y/n let go of Tanjiro. Tanjiro held out a hand at Y/n and Inosuke, making them look at Tanjiro. "Inosuke, Y/n," Tanjiro said. Inosuke and Y/n followed his gaze and it lead to a man who was walking on the hill. 

Inosuke looked at Tanjiro

Inosuke looked at Tanjiro. "Let's go," Tanjiro said. Then, Tanjiro grabbed Y/n's hand again and ran, Inosuke following them. The man on the hill looked around. He had black hair and wore no haori. Sweat dripped down as he felt nervous and agitated. 

Tanjiro reached his hand towards the man's shoulders, but before he could place his hand on the man's shoulder, the man looked and turned around immediately, grabbing the hilt of his sword. Tanjiro looked at him. "We've come for backup," Tanjiro said. "I'm Kamado Tanjiro, Rank Mizunoto," Tanjiro said. "Mizunoto..." the man trailed off. Then he grimaced. "Mizunoto?" he repeated. "Why didn't they send a hashira?" he asked. 

"It doesn't matter how many Mizunoto they sent!" the boy exclaimed. "It won't make a difference!" the man shook his head. "My, my," Y/n said as one fist was deep in the man's face, Tanjiro flinched as he blinked. "Inosuke!" Tanjiro scolded. The man held his mouth. "Shut up!" Inosuke yelled. "Let us handle this," he said. Inosuke then grabbed the man's hair. "As far as making a difference goes, your existence itself doesn't make one at all!" Y/n exclaimed with a hand on her cheek as she did an eye-closed smile at the man, standing next to Inosuke. Tanjiro grabbed Inosuke's arm and tried to stop him but Inosuke pushed Tanjiro. 

"Now tell us what's going on, you spineless fool!" Inosuke yelled. "Who the hell are these guys? Did you forget that I have seniority?" the man asked. "You shouldn't abuse your seniority, you know," Y/n said with dan irk mark and with dark eyes that looked highly dangerous. The man flinched before he started rambling. "Th-The crow gave us the order!" he exclaimed. 

"Ten of us Demon Slayers came here," he exclaimed. "Not long after we entered the mountain, the slayers..." the man said. "One of the men struggled to control himself as he grabbed the hilt of his sword, raised the sword, then turned around and slashed the neck of his comrade. Blood came shooting out of his neck. Then, there was another man at the back who was shaking as he grabbed the handle of his sword, and the slayers started killing each other!" the man explained. He looked in terror as sweatdropped and he looked down. Inosuke let out a small groan as Y/n's facial expression softened. 

[ notes ] :

- hello! how are you all today?