32: The Millie Effect

Chapter 32: The Millie EffectApril

April

In every relationship there's going to be arguments, fights, smiles, tears, and ups and downs. Things said out of anger, mad exes, attitudes, and jealousy. But at the end of the day if you truly love the person you will stick around through the good and the bad.
[Author Unknown]

Fresh out the shower and still wrapped in her towel April plopped down on the bed and lied down. Her head was all over the place at the moment and she felt like she was going to be in a sudden funk. She felt like this might be another one of those calm before the storm type of situations again. Hearing Millie's voice had triggered something inside of her and knowing that she and Dave had to talk about her yet again just put her in a mood. For one she and Dave were on vacation with the family while also working on their wedding preparations. Like what a way to sour the mood when no one was even checking for Millie's ass. Two she could forgive but she would never ever forget and right now when it came to Millie April wasn't at the stage of forgiving shit. She was on her neck without physically being on her neck. She would never lay off her ass. She could be cordial all day long but she would never close her eyes around Millie not even one. To April she couldn't be trusted. Screw me once shame on you. Screw me twice shame on me and it won't be a third time. She wouldn't allow her to keep fucking her over like she had done Dave and Kairi time and time again.

It would always be that way when her life had been threatened and on the line. A hit she'd never forget. She couldn't forget. She still felt a way about it and probably always would. April may have kept her mouth quiet and shut and kept her thoughts to herself for the sake of Kairi and Dave but that shit really never left her mind. She was strong yes but even our strongest have weak moments and sometimes those weak moments end up making you stronger. The hit still felt fresh to her though. Why wouldn't it be? It wasn't like someone had planned to jump her. No, someone and not just any someone but her fiance's ex/baby mama had paid an ex friend of his five million dollars to kill her so excuse her for not being over it yet. Mind you it had only been five months ago so not long ago at all. Or how she knew Millie needed to be buried six feet under or maybe even nine knowing how April was but she just couldn't do it to herself and her family. They meant too much to her. But above all and what came first before her and her feelings was and will always be her child...Kairi.

Granted April wasn't feeling Millie at all but she wanted this for Kairi. This was the very reason why she had kept Millie alive. She wanted Kairi to be able to have her mother around no matter how much she couldn't stand the woman. In order for April to deal with this she was going to have to keep her feelings about Millie to a minumun if at all. She couldn't afford to get swept up in her bullshit again nor did she want to send bad vibes Kairi's way. April wanted no influence on how Kairi treated her mom. She wanted her to be her own judge and see her mother for who she really was. She didn't want her to know that she and her egg donor were far from friends and probably would never be. As far as Kairi she was still a child and this wasn't a place for a child to be in. One things for sure April wasn't going to just willynilly let Millie in without her putting in the necessary effort like Dave said because when shit goes left she and Dave would have to pick up the pieces just like they were already doing. They were already dealing with shit they didn't need anymore. Besides there was no telling what would happen if Kairi actually spoke to Millie. She could either be happy, sad, get triggered, have another panic attack, or it could just be a toss up of all of her emotions bursting out at once. Shit she could even start acting out.