13.1 What Is Life?

13.1: What Is Life cont...
Trey

Trey had just left Chris's house and was on his way to his next destination as he rode in silence. He was in his head thinking about the conversation that he had just had with his brothers and thinking about how one day life is all good and shit is sweet and the next day you could literally just lose it all. For him it was Hazel whom he had lost. He loved the shit out of that girl and gave her everything. He was committed to her and only her. He had stopped his wild ways because of her. She had made him change his player ways and toss in his player's card with no hesitation and now there was no Hazel. It was just Trey and Trey alone. She was out in the world lost and although he loved her he knew that he could never be with her again. He didn't know who she was or how long she had been lost and he still couldn't get over what she had done to his child.

Sometimes he thought about her. It was hard not to. How could he not when his world used to revolve around her? Being single was still new to him but he had lucked up and found someone new that he could vibe with. Could he see himself with her long term? He didn't know but he as willing to see where things were going before he thought about diving into the water head first without a safety vest. He really just wanted to take his time to actually get to know her and for her to get to know the real him. He didn't want to deal with another Hazel where things weren't what they seemed and feeling used. He couldn't afford to get his feelings hurt or heartbroken again. One time was enough.

He really thought he was about to ask her to marry him and if they had actually gotten married he would've been screwed. His marriage would've only been justified as a one up on his sister because Hazel was really out here moving on some scheming shit and using whomever she could and forgetting about the consequences while she was out here trying to compete in a race that no one else was in. Trey knew she was sick in the head but he also knew that she wasn't that damn sick. She knew right from wrong and chose wrong because she thought someone had more than her and refused to count her blessings. Like they say you never miss a good thing until it's gone and he just knew that Hazel was missing out on everything and everyone. Yet that was her problem and her burden to bear.

Trey pulled up to his destination, parked his car in the driveway, turned it off, hopped out, closed the door, and locked up behind himself. He really didn't think he'd be back in the dating game like this but here he was making his way to the front door of the woman he had been seeing for a little while now. He smiled as he rang her doorbell. She was currently residing in an air BNB until she finished getting her new spot renovated. She had been there for the past few weeks and he knew she couldn't wait to be in her own spot.

"Who is it" she asked behind the door but he already knew she knew it was him. He could hear the smile in her voice let alone he had called her to let her know he was on his way not to long ago. Today was another chill day in the house like they had been doing for some time now.

"Trey" he answered still with a smile on his face. A few seconds later she was opening the door with a smile on her face as well.

"Hey" she said shyly. "Come in" she stepped aside to let him in. She was shy for now but he wondered how long would that actually last because she was slowly opening up more and more each time they chilled.