18: He Proposed to Me

Chapter 18: He Proposed to MeApril

April

He proposed to me
He proposed with a diamond ring
I couldn't believe it
I started crying
He placed it on my finger
And I said, "Yes"
He proposed to me
My baby proposed with a diamond ring
I couldn't believe it
I looked in his eyes
And I said, "Yes"
[He Proposed to Me: Kelly Price]

April woke up bright and early with a full on smile on her face realizing that what had gone down between her and Dave last night was far from a dream. Her man had officially proposed on bended knee and poured his heart and soul out to her and this time he was well prepared. He had sealed the deal with a beautiful diamond ring swirled with blue diamonds that had his name written all over it. April looked over her shoulder and sighed. She was on cloud nine and nothing and no one could take this feeling away from her. She was happily tangled up between the covers with her man right by her side. He was knocked the hell out. She had come for his soul last night and it probably hadn't even fully set back into his body yet. She had his ass low key snoring. She had to mentally pat herself on the back for a job well done.

April turned around in his arms and faced him. She couldn't help but to look at him and koolaid smile. He was the best and his proposal was just them. She absolutely loved it. To her it was perfect. It wasn't over the top, their family wasn't there, and it was just them in that moment like she liked it when they had intimate moments. April took her finger and lightly traced his lips. His lips had been all over her body last night from the top of her head to the very tip of her toes. She took this moment to admire the man she had fallen head over hills in love with. She loved every single thing about him his flaws and all. She didn't care that they had never made it to the couch in the studio. They were still on the floor tangled up in a blanket and wrapped up in each other. She could care less that her body was a little sore from sleeping on the floor and from Dave beating her shit down properly because they had both given their all to each other and she'd do it all again without a care in the world.

"I fuckin love you David" she whispered not wanting to wake him up. "I thank God for you each and every day" she said as her eyes teared up. She couldn't even stop herself from crying as the tears slid across her nose and down the side of her face. These were tears of joy. These were tears for all of the love he poured on her every single day, for taking the time to repair her heart and faith in love, for showing her what real love was and felt like, for showing her she was worth it, and for not walking away when shit got hard. These tears were for holding her down like no man besides her father and uncle had held her down and for being the man that he was. She couldn't stress it enough that he was the definition of a man and she was so proud to call him her fiancé and soon to be husband. Dave had earned her heart and her love fair and square.

"For the longest I thought that I didn't deserve a happy ending or happy endings weren't for me but you are my happy ending" she cried as she gently ran her hand over his face confessing to him.