9: Thanksgiving...Fathers to Son

Dave

Dave had greeted his parents properly as well as April's and the rest of their family that was at the house along with Bully. The house was packed. He had never seen it as packed as it was. Normally it was just the crew and their parents but this was a nice sight to see. It was the same family if not a little more of them that had come out to celebrate with them at the baby shower. He looked around smiling at their combined family and the fact that they were getting along was a gift in itself. Dave, Bully, and Shooter weren't even going to come home today but said fuck it. They missed their women, Dave missed his kids, they wanted a home cooked meal, and Dave really wanted a home cooked dessert by the name of April. Dave knew she was going to be hot and ready to pounce on him whenever it was show time. He could rest up and all that other shit on the road later.

"DADDY" Kairi screamed excitedly as April put her down and she ran straight to him.

"LIL BUTT" he said with the same excitement and scooped her up in his arms and covered her face with kisses making her squirm and laugh.

"Whatchu was doing" he asked her.

"Playing with my toys and cousins" she answered smiling.

"I missed you did you miss me" he asked her still smiling.

"Yesssss" she replied making him smile even more.

"How much did you miss daddy"

"This much" she spread her arms wide.

"That's a lot Lil Butt" he said and covered her face with kisses again then cleared his throat and looked at his parents cheesing. "Mommy and daddy I come bearing gifts"

"Where" they looked at him and asked confused because they saw nothing but Kairi in his arms.

"Right here" Errol said as he entered the living room smiling at his parents. Mama Faye jumped up so fast from her seat with Senior right behind her. She couldn't stop the tears from falling. "Hey mommy" he said as he pulled her in his arms and hugged her tightly engulfing the scent of her white diamond that smelled like nothing but home to him. Senior looked over at Dave and nodded his head thanking him.

"My baby boy" she said and placed both of her hands on each sides of his face looking him over. Senior let her have her moment. He knew just how much this moment meant to her. They had really missed him and seeing the two brothers together made it even more special.

"Pops" Errol chuckled and hugged his father.

"Welcome home lil one welcome home" Senior said and hugged him tightly.

"Feels good to be back" he said then looked over at Kairi who was still in Dave's arms staring at him and acting all shy.

"Come here baby girl. Uncle missed you" he said and took her out of Dave's arms.