4: Mommy Duty

Chapter 4: Mommy DutyApril

April

April plopped down on her and Dave's bed just over the day and exhausted period. Since Dave had been on tour it had just been her, her baby girls, and her baby boy Teddy, and it had been a trying time. Yet she didn't want to call for help just yet. She wanted to see if she could hack it on her own because she knew she wouldn't always have family to call for help all the time and at the end of the day they were her children and her responsibility. Between Charlie's nightly and morning feedings, having to wake up a few hours later to get Kairi ready for school, get breakfast on the table, taking Teddy out for walks, picking up Kairi from school, making sure she spent time with her trying to make sure she kept up with the normal routine, cooking dinner, bath time, sleep, and repeat things were hectic. Chris wasn't due to come till next weekend so she had Charlie to herself all day every day since there were no changing shifts but she didn't mind having her baby all to herself. This shit had her sending silent prayers to all the single mothers and fathers out in the world busting their asses from day to day doing all of this shit by themselves because it was far from easy. But April wasn't a quitter so she was determined to keep pushing until she had things under control and if she really thought she couldn't handle it she was going to send for the troops...her mother, Mama Faye, and Mama Joyce. She was going to send out that SOS like excuse me grandmas your grandchildren need you shit I need you fuck it WE need you.

She had just finished putting Kairi to bed while Charlie was sleep but she knew Charlie would be up in the next hour or so, so she was trying to collect herself so she could take a quick shower while she had the chance to. April lied in the bed for a good ten minutes just to get off her feet then went and took a shower. Once she was done she hoped out and continued with the rest of her routine and when she was done she hopped right back in bed. She hated sleeping alone and was low key missing Dave. She was use to him always being by her side even when he was coming home from the studio at all times of the night. It was cold on her side of the bed but she didn't care because she had been sleeping on his side since he had left. She found it easier to fall asleep on Dave's side of the bed because it still smelled like him. She would've let Kairi sleep with her and call it a sleepover with both of her girls but with Dave being on the road for months at a time she didn't want to create a habit to where she'd only sleep in their bedroom instead of her own.

April knew she'd be ok in a few weeks though she just had to get use to their situation. She knew she could do it. Besides she wanted to me a mother and a wife and she got her wish and she was going to make sure she took care of their family and hold shit down. Just like she knew she had to get use to Dave calling at all times of the day and night. He never had a set a time. He called home whenever he had the chance to. Most of the time he called when he knew the kids was up so they'd still be able to talk to him like they normally would. Right about now April was in their bed, on his side, dressed in one of his t-shirts sleepy as hell and wondering when he was going to call. It was 9 o'clock so she knew he was about to get on the stage because he had a show tonight. She didn't know when she had fallen asleep all she knew was that she was waking up to a fussy baby and that meant it was feeding time. She prayed to God by the time Charlie was actually off of breast milk that she'd still have some boobs left with the way she was drinking. Charlie was going to drink her dry and have her walking around saggy.