7: Brother to Brother

Chapter 7: Brother to BrotherDave

Dave

"Once a brother, always a brother, no matter the distance, no matter the difference and no matter the issue."
[By: Byron Pulsifer]

"Glad you decided to fall through lil nigga" Dave said as he lit his blunt and looked at him interested in what he had to say and what was on his mind because he looked like he had a lot to say.

"I figured fuck it why not. Ya girl excuse me I mean ya wife" he chuckled. "She reached out to me, then you and I talked, and you hit me up so I figured this would be the best time to talk shit out" he said and shrugged.

"Yea and ya lil ass knows Thanksgiving is coming up and you don't want to miss out on Mommy's cooking and the festivities" Dave said as he kept his eyes on his little brother. He was grateful that he had reached out and was finally ready to squash the beef they had. All Dave wanted to know is what had he done that was so bad to make Errol ghost him the way he had because one day they were good and the next Errol was out with no explanation.

"Facts that too" Errol laughed. He had finally reached out to Dave and came out on the road to talk and join him on tour. Honestly he was tired of not being around family and avoiding niggas so it was time to man up and speak his peace. He wanted to be able to come around without feeling a strain or that awkward silence when he entered the room or when Dave was mentioned. Nor did he want to hear his mother crying that her boys weren't getting along anymore. They knew them not talking was taking a toll on their parents and they didn't want that especially for their mother. This had gone on for far too long as it is. Errol also wanted in on Dave's family. To him they seemed to be genuine people who were about their shit and he wanted to be a part of it. He felt the whole family vibe the night of Dave's listening party and it stuck with him. They were warm and inviting and that's the type of energy and people he wanted to be surrounding by. He wanted to be surrounded by genuine real people.

"So go ahead get it off ya chest" Dave said then leaned back in his chair getting comfortable and smoked on his blunt. He was ready to get this shit over and done with. Normally after his shows he and his boys would either kick it in his room, go out to eat, or see what the club scene was like wherever they were. But tonight they knew what it was so everybody went their separate ways letting them be. This talk was long overdue, had to be done, and it didn't include anybody but the two brothers. This was a family affair.

Errol sighed and leaned forward in his seat with his eyes on Dave and his arms resting on his knees. "I don't understand what's the difference between me telling you not to fuck with someone and you telling me not to fuck with someone" Errol said and mugged Dave. "You tell me to leave a broad alone I give it some thought and feel her out myself and if I ain't feeling the shit and ya right I'm out no questions asked. I tell you the same shit and you straight tell me to mind my fuckin business. I told you time after time after time that Agnes was no good for you and you fuckin brushed me off like what I said didn't mean shit" he said getting in his feelings.