18.1: He Proposed to Me

18.1: He Proposed To Me cont...
April

"Bout time" Alaina said looking at April as she met up with her before she could even sit down. "Congrats sis I know you've been waiting on this forever and thinking that it wouldn't happen but Dave has come in and restored that broken heart of yours and I'm so glad that he put a ring on it. Now let me see" she laughed and hugged April.

April laughed. "Oh this" she said wiggling her hand before keeping it still letting her see her ring.

"Dangggg brother did that. It's so you and so him at the same time with his Crip self. Yea I'm a need bae to come hard when it's our turn" she said dead ass and of course they wouldn't be them if they didn't laugh. Yes Dave was a whole ass Crip and the whole family knew it but they didn't care or judge him. He didn't bring that shit home or around their children. For him being a Crip was more so being in a brotherhood than anything.

"Oh he better But we all know lil big bruh got you" April said and took a seat at the table between Alaina and Ebony while their mother and Mama Faye sat side by side at the other end of the table plotting on her and Dave.

"That is a bad ah- I mean a bad ring" Ebony said catching herself from cursing since Kairi was in the room with them. "Congrats sis you know I love to see black love and you and brother give me all of those vibes. I'm tryna be like you when I grow up"

They laughed. "Thanks sis the way you and Bully are I already know it's going down. That man ain't letting you leave him not even for a second" April said.

"Agreed" all of the women said besides April. They all saw how Bully was with Ebony so they could definitely see marriage in their future.

"Mommy and Mama Faye it looks like y'all already started planning our wedding for us" April said jokingly looking at them with a book in front of them looking like they were sharing notes.

"Oop wait a minute now don't forget bout me" Mama Joyce spoke up and dramatically clutched her chest. "Before we get into you spilling tea and us sipping on it I just want to say congratulations daughter. I know it's not my son and that he had his chance and I get that. I've been where you are at some point in time and I know how it feels to think that you aren't ever going to find someone to love you like you want to be loved and someone who deserves what you have to give so I'm happy that you are finally getting what you put out" Mama Joyce said and paused keeping her eyes on April.

"I watched you from the sidelines throughout you and Chris's relationship and what you went through isn't too far off of what I went through so to see you finally restored to the vibrant happy woman that I first met I'm happy to see it. I wish you and Dave nothing but the best" Mama Joyce sincerely said. She knew her son had fucked up a good thing and being a woman she couldn't help but to be happy for April. She knew just like everyone else knew some things just weren't meant to be. So instead of being mad or in her feelings and being a hater she found peace and accepted what April had going on in her life. At the end of the day she couldn't hate on another woman for finding real love and happiness.