16: Who That

Chapter 16: Who ThatDave

Dave

"Aight ma I'll see you in a lil while" Dave said as he leaned down and kissed her. She was in the bed feeding Charlie with Kairi's head on her lap with Teddy cuddled up against Kairi looking at Frozen. He knew how much April hated Frozen but she watched it nonetheless because her Love Bug asked her to. She couldn't stand the Let it Go song and it always managed to get stuck in her head so she'd be humming the shit all day long. Let alone it was the same movie that Royalty would make her watch as well. Then with it being winter and the holiday season the shit had been on back to back so there wasn't no escaping it.

"Ok be safe I love you" she said looking at him with the please don't leave me look and as bad as he wanted to laugh he knew this wasn't the time.

"Bet I love you too ma. See you later Lil Butt" he said and kissed her forehead.

"Later daddy" she said with her eyes still glued to the TV.

"Later Triple B" he kissed her forehead as well then rubbed Teddy's head before walking out of the room and the house altogether making sure to lock up behind himself. Dave stopped to get gas, picked up his and April's fathers, and made his way to the city.

"How you feeling" Senior asked as he looked over at Dave as they walked inside the jewelry store.

"Nervous" Dave admitted and chuckled. He trusted his jeweler and loved the design that he came up with but he was nervous as hell to see the final product. Shit was getting real. He had already asked April to marry him but now he had the actual ring and was really about to be on some bended knee shit. It was about to be extra official and once he popped the question everyone would know what type of time Dave really was on. He and April would no longer have to keep it as their secret. The world would know that April Elegance Blackmon was not just his woman but she was his actual fiancé and soon to be Mrs. Brewster.

Senior and Ian chuckled. They remembered that same feeling when they had gone ring shopping for their wives. It wasn't the fact that they thought their women would say no but would they like the ring. "You'll be aight. She'll like whatever you got made for her" Senior said knowing that with the type of woman April was she would love whatever Dave had bought for her.

"True but like I said before it depends on the size of the diamond she doesn't do earring size" Ian joked trying to make light of the situation. He knew it was a big move for Dave but it was a big move that was worth it so it was no need to be too nervous but it was also to be expected.

"Chill Pops" Dave laughed happy that he did decide to bring his and April's father along for this moment. He knew that if he would've brought his boys or their sisters that the vibe wouldn't be like this.

"Aww shit my brother done leveled up" Senior said and looked at Ian laughing. He was wondering when or if Dave would ever call Ian anything other than Unc.