23: New Beginnings

Chapter 23: New BeginningsApril

April

"No, this is not the beginning of a new chapter in my life; this is the beginning of a new book! That first book is already closed, ended, and tossed into the seas; this new book is newly opened, has just begun! Look, it is the first page! And it is a beautiful one!"
― C. JoyBell C.

January had breezed by and February had finally approached and everybody in the Blackmon Brewster household was on go. They had all the vehicles shipped to LA a few weeks ago leaving behind one of the trucks, a sports car, and the family car. Furniture from the guestrooms and all of their clothing had been shipped as well and now everything they needed was at their new home ready to be put away and put back together. The move was a little stressful and a little hectic but between April Dave and the crew they were all able to get shit done. Everyone for the most part was excited and ready to get the ball rolling. To top it all off April, Dave, and Ebony's parents well Uncle Ny-Reek had come along to help out with the transition and be there for Charlie and Kairi while April and Dave got things done. They wouldn't be staying for long though. Originally Ananda was going to stay with April for a month but since she had a family now there was no need for her to stay that long when she had all the help she needed.

As far as Charlie and Kairi they had taken the move well for the most part and Charlie's first plane ride was a success. She was a little antsy in the beginning especially since she was teething but with her Pop's by her side he made sure that his little baby was good while Kairi chilled under April the whole time. Right about now all of the couples were doing their own thing trying to unpack, unwind, and settle in. Dave had, had a free weekend during tour but instead of spending it home with the family he and the boys had gone out to LA and met up with Chris, Trey, and August to get the girl's bedrooms painted and put their furniture together. While April had also flew out to LA for a day to decorate their rooms to her liking and make sure everything was in place. She and Dave had wanted to make sure that the girl's rooms were already done and out of the way so they would feel more at home. As far as April and Dave they would be camping out on the floor for a few days because they couldn't decide on what bedroom set they wanted but they didn't mind. It was pretty nostalgic for them.

April hadn't even called Royalty yet to let her know that they had made it. She wanted to surprise her so she had been talking to Nia and plotting on picking her up once the house was somewhat put together so she could spend the weekend with them. Between April and Kairi Dave and Chris didn't know who was more excited to see Royalty but what they did know is that they couldn't wait for all of their girls to finally be together. It was Sunday February 2nd to be exact and April, Dave, and the kids had been in their new home since the 31st of January just settling in and getting use to their new surroundings. April couldn't sit still for the life of her though. She was always on go. There was always something she needed to do.

"Ma I'm a need you to sit ya ass still for a lil while. You've been up on ya feet all damn day. It's no rush or a time limit to have the house put together" Dave said as he walked into the kitchen to see April listening to music and dancing while putting away the new dishes. She had been trying to get all of the bathrooms and kitchen sorted away first. She had cleaned and decorated the bathrooms earlier that day and now she was focusing on the kitchen since these were the essential rooms and easiest rooms to get done.