17.1: A Christmas to Remember

Chapter 17

Chapter 17.1: A Christmas to Remember cont...
Omniscient

"Hey ma I'm a give Lil Butt a quick bath and put her to bed and while I'm doing that go head and hop in the shower. Don't forget what I said either I want you naked and in that blue robe" he eyed her up and down as they stood in front of Kairi's bedroom door. They had just gotten in from the Christmas party and he was ready to get their night started.

"Heard ju" April said and walked off with a little pep in her step wondering what he had planned for her tonight. He had been talking all this blue robe shit since this morning and all day he had been giving her the eye.

April walked into their bedroom stripped out of her clothing, put her dirty clothes in the hamper, and made her way to the shower. She opened the glass shower door turned on the water, adjusted it to the temperature of her liking, and stepped inside closing the door behind her. She was riding on a natural high right now. The whole day had gone by and nothing bad or negative happened. It was a good day. She was so use to bullshit happening and was expecting it but nothing happened. Most importantly she was able to put a smile on Dave's face like no other. All her sneaking around had paid off and she couldn't wait until he actually saw his car in the day time. She knew once he saw it he'd really be hype. April did her thing in the shower making sure she was fresh and clean wondering if Dave was going to pop up as usual but nope not this time he had given her space to do her and get ready for their we time.

Meanwhile...

Dave moved about the living room setting shit up making sure he got the vibe just right. Tonight was the big night and he wanted to make sure that it was a damn good night. He knew that they would most likely have the kids at home but he didn't mind because he knew they'd most likely be sleep. Chris taking Charlie for the night was a plus because he knew Kairi wouldn't be waking up until tomorrow morning and with Charlie staying the night out he and April could chill for the night without interruptions. He had thought of a million and one ways to make this night and this moment special not only for April but for him as well. He had thought he needed to do something extravagant and over the top but when he thought about it he knew that April wanted something with a little more meaning behind it. He didn't have to propose on a mountaintop or take her somewhere expensive. He knew that she wanted something different from the first time and something that was just him where it was no one around but just the two of them. He knew that she didn't want to share this moment with anyone but him.

A fresh blanket lie in the middle of the floor with pillows everywhere, a mixture of blue and white rose petals scattered about the floor and blanket, battery operated candles were on and placed around the room in strategic places with the living room lights off thanks to April. He had found her candle stash from the night she had given her all to him. He had enough candles out to light up the room just right. He wanted to recreate the night that April gave not only her body but her mind and soul to him. He wanted some grade A but he also wanted to make the night about her and just talk, cuddle, and start planning their wedding. He had his blunts rolled and drinks on ice and though April couldn't drink he made sure he had some red wine for her just so she'd be in the moment too. There was no TV tonight just music and the sound of them.