26: Our First Valentine's

Chapter 26: Our First Valentine's Dave

Dave

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." – Dr. Seuss, Author

"Papi I swear if you think you need to cancel on me just write me a rain check now" April said as she lied on top of him. They were in the family room watching TV. Well he was watching TV until she had kindly walked in and interrupted him making him pause the movie he had been in the middle of watching. He didn't mind though. Besides he was watching a movie he had already seen way too many times to count so it was pretty much background noise at this point.

Dave looked down at her and chuckled. "Ma, why would I have to cancel on you? I'm off till next month" he asked. She had been so excited about Valentine's and he had already planned a little something so he had no intentions to cancel on her. He had a free day. He had made sure he had nothing to do this whole month since they had to move, Valentine's, and their one year anniversary was all in the same month. He wanted to make sure he could spend some much needed time with her and to love on her like he wanted and needed to. He felt like with everything going on he needed to assure her that shit was good and he was there for her. He didn't want her thinking that she was alone.

"You know how it is ya off from tour yes but there's still the studio and I know you got some shit to do there. Not to mention I know you have ya eyes set on some different shit right now" she said and pouted which was true but this month was dedicated to family and family only so work had to wait. He was about to kick off his second leg of tour overseas so he wanted to get in all the time he needed with April and the girls and even with the additional projects he was looking into they had all been on pause.

"Ma you do realize that was just one date that I had to cancel and it was over a year ago. Sure it was supposed to be our original first date but that doesn't mean I have to cancel on you every time I plan something" he asked and said as his hand mindlessly ran up and down her back.

"I know Papi I know but you've been keeping tomorrow's plans at arm's reach. I'm in here all excited and thinking bout what's planned, what am I wearing, how I'm going to style my hair, and all that good shit. You know I hate to be all excited for nothing" She hated to be excited about plans and a few seconds later some shit happens and everything is ruined.

Dave couldn't help but laugh. She had been excited and in and out of her closet looking at her clothing. She was extra giddy and he loved that she was excited. There was no way in hell he'd cancel on her especially after seeing her in action. Now he knew what she looked like on their first date night where he had to cancel and now he couldn't bear to do that to her again unless it was absolutely necessary.

"Ma I'm not canceling anything and even if I do get a call from whoever they'll just have to wait and I'm pretty sure they would understand" he said sure of himself. "You come first"