34: The Beginning of the End

Chapter 34: The Beginning of the EndApril & Dave

April & Dave

"A soulmate usually only comes once in your life to shake things up, show you true love, and stand up to you in ways no one else ever has. They adore you yet challenge you to your fullest potential. A soulmate relationship isn't only peaches and cream, it's roses with thrones."
-Author Unknown

Back at the Villa...

The family had left kids included leaving April and Dave to themselves. Now the masks were off and the game of charades was over. The fake smiles were removed and replaced with solemn looks. They really didn't want to but they both knew that they needed to talk. They had plenty of talks before but for some reason this one felt like they were going to open a whole new can of worms and the outcome might not be as pretty this time around. This one felt different from all of the others. It just wasn't the same it was more serious issues plaguing them. Months had passed and now the tension and build up had reached its peak. You could tell by how the atmosphere had suddenly changed around them and the tension they had been so busy running from was now here and very well present. No one was to blame but themselves for letting it get to this point. Sure they had good communication but sometimes it was flawed.

Anyone on the outside looking in would assume that their relationship was nothing but perfect and blissful but in reality it wasn't. It was far from perfect just like they were. On the other hand it wasn't smoke and mirrors because they did have a great relationship. Sometimes they just fucked up. Could it be better? Absolutely but this was it and this was them. Rainbows and sunshine is what they had some days while others it seemed as if a dark cloud was following and looming over them. They really couldn't understand why shit couldn't be simple for them because they had both been through enough together and apart. Then again their relationship had never been simple. Maybe it was before April slept with Chris and had Charlie. But even then it would always be something because Dave had come into her life with his own set of baggage named Millie and he hadn't properly gotten rid of his baggage. It was still dragging along in it's black garbage bag beside him.

For April she felt like when it came to talking to Dave about Millie or Millie in general that it would be pointless. So that's why she kept shit to herself these days. Why talk about how she felt about her when all it would do is go in one ear and out the other and cause more harm than good. For Dave Millie was of course still a sore subject for him so talking about her always put him in a sour mood. But today was the day because it had to be done. They couldn't keep sweeping shit under the rug hoping that one or the other would forget about it and let it pass. If they were going to get married and bring a child into the world then this talk was an absolute must. They had a lot at stake and kids to think about.

"You mind as roll you a blunt and sit down and pop a squat" April said as she kept her eyes fixed on Dave following his every move carefully watching his moods. They were in their bedroom. April figured it would be the best place to talk at the moment and out of people's earshot. Although she was ready for this much needed conversation she was still low key nervous as hell. She was hoping, praying, and wishing for the best but she had a sinking feeling that the outcome wouldn't be the outcome she hoped and prayed for. She felt it in the very pit of her stomach deep down in her gut but the conversation couldn't be pushed to the side any longer. They had already waited way too late to begin with.