6.1: Intuition

Chapter 6

Chapter 6.1: Intuition cont...
April

"Shoot" April said.

"Don't get mad or take this the wrong way but I just really need to know this and it's been on my mind for a while now but since we're on the subject I figure why not ask" Ebony said. She had been dying to know what in the hell had been going on with her sister for her to deal with what she had been dealing with when it came to Chris.

April looked at her and nodded for her to continue. Ebony was never one to hold shit in so she figured it had to be something a little more personal.

"After everything that Chris has done to you and how you feel bout Nia how are you even able to forgive him and be close to him the way that you are because I swear if it was me Mama Joyce would have his ass on flyers looking for a missing person. I mean yea he's the bro now and sure he's cool peoples once you get to know him but how could you out of all people forgive him" Ebony questioned. April figured she would get asked this sooner or later and she didn't mind answering it especially since it was her sister asking. Ebony had missed out on a lot when it came to April and Chris's relationship. She had been in the army during those times and to April talking about her relationship with Chris with anybody was a definite no go at the time. She was too embarrassed to say anything let alone speak up.

"I honestly think bout that from time to time but I don't dwell on it for too long because it's not worth it. Like I told Papi I make this shit look easy but it is hard at times especially when I see how Chris is with Charlie and how he's getting his life in order. It's like I had a whole ass baby before her and Jr missed out on all the love and attention that he pours on Charlie. But I guess shit happens" April said and shrugged. She wasn't even about to get upset because she knew that Jr was in a good place and no matter how she felt she couldn't bring him back.

"The thing with Chris is that he used to be my Achilles heel. You know he was my safety net. He was someone I was comfortable with so I'd always run back and just stick it out. I wanted what my parents had so I fought for it and ended up falling flat on my face. I already knew who he was and what was involved with being with him so I settled because I didn't want to go somewhere else and end up in the same predicament. So I stuck with what I knew even when I knew I should've been running. I loved his light bright ass. We always say what we wouldn't do or deal with but love will make you do some shit ya never thought you would when you're put in certain situations. Love had me out here looking crazy" April spoke but of course she wasn't done. Ebony wanted to know so April was going to tell her everything and hopefully this would be the last time she had to address the subject because it was tiring to talk about sometimes. No one wants to keep talking about their past failures especially when they had moved on.

"I spent five years with that man and two great ones and the rest y'all already know bout. I left him and spent damn near three more years thinking bout all the what if's instead of living my best life. I let him have way too much control over me. I wanted to hate him so bad but I could never hate anyone. Now I might not like you and I might be petty at times but I don't hate anyone. I found myself in a place where I never ever want to be again. The place I was in there was no color it was pure darkness and I couldn't find my way out or a source of light to help guide me out" she paused again while they kept their eyes on her listening.