Chapter 60 pt 2

"I should kill you right now where you stand!" Dean growled. "Put me down, I'll take you to her." Crowley rasped. "Why should I believe you?" Dean needled, handling the duress his body was facing with slight issues. He was much better but still not well off. "B-Because... s-she made me powerless." He rasped out.

Dean let Crowley fall to the floor, Crowley sat coughing his brains out. "Damn, choke the sides, not the windpipe." Crowley joked. Dean gave him a bewildered look. "Don't start," Dean warned him. Crowley smiled slightly. "There, there, Squirrel. Don't worry. The girl is fine—all powerful like she is meant to be—but fine." He spoke.

Dean glared at him. He doesn't want anything to do with him but he is his chance to get Bree. "Her name is Bree. " Dean snapped. Crowley got up from the floor with no help from Dean. "You betray me, this knife is going somewhere the sun doesn't shine." Dean warned him, brandishing the regular knife where Crowley could see it.

Crowley's eyes widened. He knows he has to try to play it safe, safe so Dean doesn't kill him. "Calm down, Squirrel, the rabbit is fine." He told him. Dean still did not relent in glaring him down. He doesn't like the nickname. "I'll take you to her, if you sniff out anything iffy about me, I'll be your willing victim... However, I must warn you. Your brother is having the time of his life." Crowley reported.

"That's not my brother, that is Zero possessing him." Dean growled. "My apologies, Squirrel. I didn't think that the demons would come out to play now, at least, not under my influence." Crowley expressed with a slight tinge of regret in his voice. Dean wasn't having it. He avoided Crowley's look of slight despair.

"You brought this on yourself, you fucked with the wrong woman." Dean thundered, grabbing Crowley's arm and pushing him forward with the knife in the middle of his back. Crowley could barely move, even if he wanted to escape, there wasn't much he could do without ruining his suit even if he managed. Dean began to lead him out the door.

Crowley said nothing to what Dean told him. He was along in his thoughts. He wondered if he really did fuck with the wrong woman. She was powerful but that untapped potential was not tapped until two weeks ago. He wondered if it had to do with Squirrel or with her because he told her to get a move on.

He began to wonder if she had done this sort of thing before. It didn't seem likely at all, even the other twin was prone to it, but on a small basis. Zero had told him that. He wondered what else can she do. He began to replay the conversation he and Zero had before coming to negotiations about Bree.

"I want the girl as my host." Zero said to him as they stared each other down a moment after making polite niceties. Crowley's eyebrow went up. He expected this. "You may have her if she doesn't sign the contract in time." Crowley told him.

"Why didn't you push her on it?" Zero asked him. Crowley took a sip of his tea. It calms him down. He puts the cup back into its saucer. He leans forward across his desk. Zero scrunches his face at him. "Have you ever heard of a quote from Pietro Aretino? It goes along something like this, 'I am, indeed, a king because I know how to rule myself.'

"Pietro was said to have blackmailed those who wanted his help. Such an ugly man. Prideful and wanting more." Zero leveled with him. " 'Everyone must be managed. Queens must be managed. Kings must be managed, for men want managing almost as much as women, and that's saying a good deal.' " Zero quoted to him.

Crowley narrowed his eyes at him. A man of the arts as well. "Very well, I didn't know you knew of Thomas Hardy." Crowley jibed. Zero shot him a look of contempt. "He was after my time but I enjoyed his books. He showed men and demons who were at their feet what their true natures are like." Zero stated, clenching his jaw.