chapter 14

"So far she's stabilized now, You can visit her now if you want." The doctor told Dean and Zion. Dean breathed a sigh of relief and Zion gave himself a pat on the shoulder. "Do you want to go first?" Zion asked him after the doctor left to go treat another patient. Dean nodded at him and went to Bree's room where she lay sleeping.

As he sat there, he held her hand and hoped to God that she would be well soon. Just as he was about to get up, the door opened wide, Sam was coming in with Cas trailing behind him. "Do you need more time?" Sam asked him. Dean was going to say yes but then he looked down at Bree's face. Maybe she wouldn't want him to be the first person she sees in the hospital.

"No, Sam. Come on in." He said. Sam stood there next to Bree's bed, Cas stood by the door. Dean got up and left the room, leaving the two to look after her and potentially be the first faces she sees when she wakes up. After he closed the door, Zion came up to him. "Dean," He said. "Why aren't you in there?" Dean looked down at the shorter man before him, confused.

"What? I didn't think-?" Dean started to say. He had hardly finished his words when Zion had grabbed him by the arm in a grip pushing him to the door while simultaneously opening the door. Dean had nearly fallen to the floor due to the surprise. "What the hell?!" He shouted up at Zion. Zion wasn't even looking at him, he was looking at Bree.

"D-Dean?" Bree said, immediately seeing him first as she turned to the side of the door where he semi kneeled on the floor. "Bree, you're awa-" He said. "How are you on the floor?" She asked him, clearly confused. The situation was becoming awkward and semi hilarious. Even Cas was stifling a chance to laugh.

"Zion," He replied. Bree's brown eyes went from him to dark dressed Angel. "Zion." She said in a nonplussed voice. "Bree," Zion replied. "Zion..." Bree said once more in a monotone voice, giving him a poker face. Cas had to resist the urge to say his name much like the Donkey in Shrek just to ease the slight tension in the room.

Sam only stared at the three in the room in bafflement. How in the hell did a short dude like Zion get Dean in a awkward pose like that? Hoping to ease the tension and diminish awkwardness and trying to get down to business, Sam cleared his throat.

All eight pair of eyes stared at him. "Guys, we need to get down to brass tacks. Who are you, why are you here helping us, and why did you block Cas and what is your purpose here?" He said, singling out Zion. Zion merely answered him in short sentences: "Zion Lancaster, this is my human body I'm using. I'm an Angel of the Lord, much like Castiel. I'm helping you all by keeping Bree safe. My purpose here is to make sure he's not around."

"He?" Cas and Dean said in unison. "Have you not met him yet? Zion said to them both. "Who's he?" Sam asked him. "Bree's enemy, Zero." He answered the men. "How can it be?" Bree asked Zion, sitting up in her bed ignoring the wires. Cas furrowed his eyebrows at Zion.

"There's no way, he's dead. I made sure." Dean said to him. "You didn't make sure, then." Zion told him.
"Hey, quit it. They do their jobs, Zion." Cas growled at Zion. "Not well enough." Zion retorted. Dean got up to his full height, glaring down at Zion who merely stared up at him. "Guys, let's keep it calm." Sam intervened.