Chapter 41

She couldn't bear the staring but something about her refused to look away. His eyes were too fascinating to leave. They reminded her of something long ago. The color reminded her of the freedoms she let go and couldn't have.

In a way, his eyes were a green light at a stop light. She didn't know how else how to say it. She was sure if she did, he'd find her stupid. "Why are you so close to me?" She whispered. Her lips moved on their own accord. She felt as if she were slowly but surely being connected to him.

The eye contact was getting ridiculous, she could feel her heart pound now in her chest and her lips tingle. He was creating a reaction in her that she wasn't too sure she'd want to welcome. "Bree, I'm about to do something stupid." He whispered to her. To her, it was if he admitted a crime.

One more inch and they would be kissing, she was sure of it. The question was did she want him to? Her bodily reaction to him was clearly stating so yet her brain was going wild with angry thoughts. "I don't care." She said so softly Dean almost didn't hear her.

He moved in just half a inch closer to her. "I wouldn't do anything without your consent, I swear." He breathed shakily. He wanted to kiss her, he was driving himself wild with desire. He wasn't too sure if it was the alcohol or if it was him. He did drink more than he's supposed to but...

But what?

The desire was always there since he practically told her to get in the car from the very beginning. He could see her mouth open as if to say something. But she paused. She looked as if she were a doe in headlights. He liked that was how she looked but he wanted more.

Her cheeked reddened as she considered her answer. "I don't want you to." She lied, her heart pounding. God, it was so loud, she felt as if the others could hear it. Well, not Sam, but perhaps Castiel or Zion. She didn't understand why she lied.

Dean's face was crestfallen at this but he tried to rein it in. His shoulders seem to shrink and sag. "I won't." He said, his tone of voice devoid of any emotion. Bree could swear he deflated as soon as her words came out. She almost regretted it.

He slowly moved away from her with some effort and got up putting his chair back in place. "I'm sorry, Bree. Forget that happened. I should get some sleep." He apologized. Bree could barely even look at him as he faced her.

He walked to where the bathroom is and closed the door behind him. Bree sat there, stunned. She felt as if she was on fire with regret, shame and lust. She got up from the table and laid down on the couch, pondering the last hour. It wasn't possible she was lusting for Dean Winchester, her enemy?