chapter 5

He was growing quickly tired at how he was blamed for everything, for not doing enough even though he is clearly trying his damndest, it was awful to how he felt. Dean felt as if he were under the right reins of his father although he is already dead. Perhaps even if he is dead, he'll always just be...

He thought she would change and be more than what she was; which is exactly like him. Always under pressure to do what the parent says. In fact, she changed and not for the better. The barb at him about his leaving her for his dad hurt. He didn't want to leave her but he had to.

One person's tragedy had only grown in the meantime while he and his brother had crisscrossed the country hunting demons and monster in the search of his father and meanwhile he knows there are others, hers he will hold close to his heart along with Ben and his mom.

He instantly regretted it when Mel had told him when they first met that they were similar in that right. Bree and him. He didn't want Bree to be in the same boat. It was if they will drown in the lake because both do not have the oars of having a good childhood. The childhood was more or less given to their siblings.

Dean found it less twisted in the outlook of Sam's life because he had been ingrained in it while Sammy had some time to adjust and the same had been for Bree and Mel. Time was given more so for them —the younger ones. Even if Mel was two minutes young...

Damn, Bree had changed, she changed her looks and changed the way she viewed life and that was not what he expected for her. He expected her to marry, squeeze out a few kids, live a good life. He certainly did not expect her to become a Hunter like Sammy and him.

But then again, he figured so after the way they left her, the Impala roaring as he had watched her figure in the rear view mirror disappear behind the exhaust smoke of the car. He figured her to become stronger than she was back then. He expected her to put up a fight. He just didn't expect her to take a chew at him.

Nursing a beer while leaning against the Impala, Dean wondered if it would've changed if Melanie had lived. Maybe he would've slept with Bree, who knows? It would've been possible... From what he thought back then, she looked to be attracted to him, blushing up a storm and stuttering.

She was different then, less approachable maybe, but different was good. There's never an actual type to him. Dean liked them all — skinny, tall, chubby, short, overweight, everything. Types were just labels. Labels said everything and yet nothing. Love matters in the end, family matters, as does friendship.

Would he still protect her even though she threw a low blow at him? Damn striaght. Dean will keep fighting for her. It was pointless not to even though she can handle herself and it could be worth it in the end because he can show her that he can be trusted again — to at least repay her for his mistakes.

Plus, even though the demons that were after her had fallen and she was checked out of being possessed, something about those demons going down after she shot them looked so off to him. Dean was hoping he can find out why.

Throwing the now empty bottle of beer in the recycling bin, Dean had turned to the empty six pack and threw it in the bin as well, belching aloud as he made his way to Impala. He needed to pee like a race horse and while he could've gone in the park to do so, he had a strange urge to see her before he could knock out.

Maybe he could apologize to her formally then after bringing food or something, that was one of the few things she said in the past that she enjoyed. Dean doesn't blame her, food fixes things for a split second while you feel your brain stop while you eat, giving you a break to handle the bad shit later,

Turning on the engine and driving away, Dean failed to notice a person in the trees of the park staring down at him, the figure clothed in dark clothes and his face unknown. The person smiled gleefully as he thought how fun it was going to be to surprise the Winchester boys.