Chapter 40

The thought of telling him the truth played in her, she considered it still his fault but some part of her wanted to assuage him of his pain. He had gone through so much and yet she only wanted to make him pay for her pain. The pain of losing a sibling, the pain of losing the only family she had left, the pain of now being on her own.

"She only relied on you both. I can't bear if you only take all the blame from Sam." She answered. "Let it go." Dean looked up at her, frowning. "Of course you'd say that. It's in your nature to be holding a grudge even though we're getting along." He grunted, looking away from her. Waves of shame assaulted Bree. She knew she was in the wrong.

"Forget it, Winchester. You need sleep." She said a moment later, trying to ignore the woozy shapes forming now. Man, I'm way too drunk to deal with this. I'm sure I'm gonna end up crying or killing him to shut him up if he keeps going. He sounds way too much like my inner monologue. She thought. She sat down on the table across from him.

He still wasn't looking at her. "Look, lets not bother. You're drunk and so am I. Not a good combo, I'm sure you need some sleep to cool off your mental state." She told him. Dean still wasn't looking her way. "Come on, Winchester." She said, annoyed with him. She needed him to sleep so she could attempt what little sleep she can get tonight as well.

"I get what you're saying, but I still find it ridiculous that you are right across from me and you refuse to even mention it. Like, am I even wrong for bringing this up?" He said, now looking at her. Bree couldn't help but to falter at this. He wasn't wrong but he wasn't right either.

"Since you're bringing this up when the others aren't around right now. Part of me wars with the other saying you're at fault." Bree sighed. She was growing drowsy, the shapes were making her feel as if she was in a whirlwind.

"Will you ever forgive me fully?" He questioned. Bree saw that his eyes were soft with some emotion. "M-Maybe." She said, faltering at her words. She now refused to look at him. Waves of shame came rolling over her again.

"I'll live with that." He replied after some time. His voice was a bit deeper than before when he said that. Bree startled at the sound of his voice and tried to fight the burgeoning beginnings of a knot in the middle of her stomach. She still refused to look at him.

"Bree?" He murmured so softly she barely heard him. She looked up shyly from the kitchen table to his face. Oh! She thought. He had gotten closer to her face and she jumped back partly in fear. It was also good he caught the back of her chair before she fell back but it was also bad because she was now staring him in the face.

His forest green eyes were staring deeply into her chocolate brown eyes, Bree felt as if he was consuming her now in some big way. She could see he was drinking in everything about her. Her oval face, the small smattering of blackheads that plagued her cute nose. Her pink lips.