Epilogue

She didn't want him to go but he soon had to, she knew that he was her lost boy, her wanderer, her savior, her protector. But all men must go to war and she cannot keep him to her, especially since there were supernatural beings around. She traced patterns on his chest with her finger.

Sure, they were meant to be... but time does not look kindly on lovers often, only a very small few. Stories of Romeo and Juliet, Heathcliff and Catherine, Orpheus and Eurydice come to mind. Tragic lovers who were not deemed to love each other in life.
She did not want that for them.

She knew they would eventually have to go on, move on, save the world, help others, and live. To live is to suffer—to some extent. She sighed as she met his jawline. The smell of him and sandalwood was intoxicating. She wanted more but that was enough.

They were only fated to have a few embraces. She wished she could do it all over again with different results. Maybe not like how Sam described to her once of Dean dying, but of him living. Him living with her, specifically. The years would roll on, tumultuously or not, but they would keep going.

"What are you thinking of?" Dean asked her lazily. His green eyes met hers. A small smile played on her lips. "I'm thinking.... We should have kissed earlier when we met." She told him softly. He kissed the top of her head.

"It wasn't the right time, Bree. That's okay because I have this time with you." He replied in a soft murmur. She was lucky she caught him saying that. Five feet away, maybe she wouldn't have. "You'll have to leave." She whimpered. She told herself she wouldn't cry.

"Hey, hey, hey, as long as I'm alive, my presence won't leave you. I've been dead so many times, it's almost expected I'll be back alive. Hell, even Crowley expects it." Dean reassured her. Bree couldn't help the tears that streamed out of her face. She sobbed silently.

Crowley had disappeared as soon as they had managed to untie Sam and Cas from the trees. Dean figured that Crowley would be back with a new big bad plan to overtake them. In the meantime, the town had returned to normal. The people that she chased to the other side of town were bribed into silence, the people she killed were resurrected.

He moved from her as gently as he could. He seemed to reach over to the bedside table. He pulled something out. He wiped some of her tears away with the back of his hand. "Look, I brought a gift, I know this is one of your love languages or whatever." He joked lightly.

She looked down at a silver necklace, it was incrusted with a small red jewel. Her brown eyes lit up as she took in the image of him holding the gift for her. "What do you think?" He said earnestly. "How did you—?" She asked. He laughed at her.

"It was a ring I wore often but I decided to melt it down into a necklace after I saw you again. It's not a big deal but—" He was interrupted with a kiss on the mouth by her. "Are you fucking kidding me, this is beautiful, baby!" She exclaimed.

"I want you to have it. Because I want you to know that I'm not leaving your side, even when you and I know that eventually we have to go and live on, being a hunter is no easy feat." He told her, a note of emotion in his voice making it deeper.

She nodded. She knew that it wasn't her acknowledging it now. It was also him. He knew that soon this would come to pass. Tears sprung up again. Warm brown eyes met emerald green. Love and fear touched.

A naked embrace was shared. Silver touched neck. Skin grew hot, a warm fuzzy feeling set in. Lips meet lips again and again. Darkness prevailed the sky. A content sleep was had. Slowly but surely, the three months flew and just like the ocean, they drifted apart as a couple and parted amicably.

                                     ~FIN~

———————————————————————————