Chapter 47

"Can you see them?" Cas inquired of Zion. Zion looked towards a couple that was walking out of Wendy's they were at. The couple was holding hands and walked on out with their order. "Yes, I can. What about them?" Zion asked. "Not them, really. What's around them." Cas said.

Zion shook his head. "I don't know what you're talking about..." Zion replied. "You can't see them." Cas said, giving him a look and continuing to look up at the sky. "See what?" He asked him, confused. No reply. Cas's blue eyes kept scanning the air.

The two men were now in the back of a Wendy's parking lot, Sam was ahead of them, digging up something in the spare dirt. Thankfully, the Wendy's was closed early. "Alright, I got it!" Sam said to them, coming up.

"Shh, you'll scare this one off." Cas said. Sam and Zion shared a look. Zion shrugged his shoulders. "Cas, you alright?" Sam asked him, clearly worried. "I need to warn you that he might hug you." Cas answered him.

Sam's eyes grew wide in confusion and surprise. "What?" He said. "Remember when the four horsemen came to the town you and Dean stayed in?" Cas quizzed Sam. "Yeah, what about it?" Sam said.

"We have three Cupids around us this time, not one. One of them wants to talk to us." Cas revealed. Zion's eyebrow went up. "A Cupid? I haven't seen one in many years." He admitted. "We ran into one awhile back." Cas told him. "I remember, we thought it was a Cupid that was getting everyone to eat each other." Sam mentioned.

From out of nowhere, next to Sam, appeared a tall woman with wavy hair with curly hair, wearing a white night gown with pink flowers on it. She smiled gently at the three men before her.

"Hi," She greeted them with a hello hug. "Hello," Cas said awkwardly. "Hiya," Zion greeted back with a slight enthusiasm. Sam said hi and have a half hearted attempt at a side hug. She stood there a bit awkwardly next to Sam and moved away slightly.

She didn't like to be vain but alas she was, she didn't want to be outshone in her looks by one of the so called famous Winchester brothers who punched her cousin in the face.

"I'm Cupid, nice to meet you. I...I hate to tell you this but I needed to talk to you. You guys need to help us out. We keep trying to shoot our arrows at your brother and Bree but they keep avoiding it like crazy. It's annoying doing all of this, our arrows are almost out." She complained.

Sam looked wildly at this woman and Cas, in shock. Cas stared stoically at her, trying to avoid Sam's gaze. "Y-you want us to help Dean fall in love with Bree?" He stammered in shock. "Yup, it's a painkiller with these arrows, it's not easy trying to find the right amount of Canadian tree sap for the arrows to work." She replied with a smirk.

Zion stifled a laugh at that. He didn't expect a Cupid with a sense of humor. "I'm sorry for my friend who's in a shock at the moment, but why in the heck are we helping you?" Zion asked her nonchalantly. The wavy haired Cupid turned her attention reluctantly from Sam to Zion.

"Because... They're supposed to be together. The last arrow I had, I shot at Dean an hour ago but I don't know if it went through. Dean is a little tricky bastard, it's like playing real life Whac A Mole, my God!" She explained.

"Again, why are we helping you?" Zion reiterated himself to the Cupid. Cupids were smart but it's not easy trying to get them to stay on conversation, he feels as if they are a bit scatterbrained. It seems this one was dancing around the subject. Avoiding something.

The wavy haired Cupid's mouth went thin at his words. She isn't sure if she should tell them the real reason why. "You're hiding something from us. The question is: why." Cas stated. It wasn't even a question. He tilted his head quizzically at her.

The Cupid took a step back and swallowed nervously. "Don't vanish on us, please. What Cas meant was... " Sam pleaded. The Cupid did not heed his words and vanished. "Shit!" Sam hissed under his breath. Sam peered over at Cas. "She's still here?" He asked breathlessly.

Cas nodded. "She's... talking to the other two." A moment later, the Cupid returned. "I....didn't want to tell you this, but we heard through the grapevine that someone or something is going to hurt one or two of them."

"That's why our arrows kept missing them. When we do hit one of them with an arrow, it comes out with a tinge of black as if it is singed. That's usually... well...." She paused. Zion was rubbing his chin with his index finger and thumb. " 'Usually what?' " Cas repeated.

"It's usually the sign of demons messing with our arrows trying to make sure they don't hit them. A singed Cupid's arrow is a Demon trying to make the couple be toxic to each other about their faults. We try to fight them off but it's not easy. Which is why we keep trying." She explained.

"So we have to help them get together." Zion repeated slowly. He understands what they have to do but is unsure about how to go about it. Cupid nodded her head, her tresses casting a shadow over her face. She pursed her lips. "They need a common subject to stay on to get along better... or better yet leave them alone in a room for more than one hour." She spoke.

"How is that going to work when they both can barely stand the sight of each other? They were going to kill each other a few days ago!" Sam exclaimed. The worried expression on his face deepened.

"Kill two birds with one stone. Get them to fall in love. Kill the demons." Cupid replied. "We are already working on killing them. Know anything about Zero?" Zion queried. Cupid shook her head. "I don't know much... except that he wants blood, specifically hers. He's on a warpath." She disclosed.

"Damn, we have to now work on this." Zion grumbled. "It may work out, they're at home alone." Sam uttered. Cas said nothing. Cupid looked up into the sky, looking as if she were facing the other Cupids. "I know," She spoke. Her lips grew thin again. She nodded to no one in particular.

"I have to go now, the other Cupids want my help. Goodbye, Castiel. Zion, bye, goodbye, Sam Winchester." She mentioned a moment later. The three men said their goodbyes and Cupid vanished again. The three men stood there in the dark of the parking lot with varying expressions on their face. One stunned, one annoyed, one thinking deeply.