chapter 16

"It's not fair to him or me." Sam said after some silence. "Please work with me on this, Dean deserves better." Bree couldn't help but think he deserves better than Dean dragging him down into this. Sam could've been happy. Then again, he chose this. Dean Winchester dragged his brother into this mess and he can't get out.

Looking away from Sam's pleading eyes, Bree only faced the door as she pondered what to do. Half of her spoke saying to do it and the other... well, she wanted to ignore him. "I'll do it." She said after some time. "Only because of Zion. He is back and he is the extra bodyguard I need against Zero." Sam nodded and left her to her thoughts.

Hearing the door open and a man with a white coat walked in, Bree paid no mind to him, doctors were just doing their jobs. "Alright, Ms. Ann. You appear to be fine, just that we're going to have your leg in a cast for six weeks, during that time, take it easy with your brother and no more fights." He told her. Bree agreed with it, it's just that... it would be hard not to be in a fight...

Soon after, she had discharged herself from the hospital and left with the gang, she had to make sure to be in a wheelchair so Zion drove her to the Winchester's bunker, they sat there in near silence - Zion trying to get words out of her but Bree resistant to his ploy. In fact, it nearly worked.

"Bree, come on, please...You can't expect to be angry at me during the whole time you're in a cast." He said. Bree looked over at him, intent on saying something but shut her open mouth. She would share no more words with him today, he had nearly gotten her killed. She looked out the window, minding the scenery of trees and houses, the suburbs.

How ironic that she simply turned up in a place that she wanted to be in so long ago; the suburbs. A place of solace, neighbors, friends, and family. Family that wouldn't be tortured and haunted by their psychic abilities or killed. That brought her thoughts to Mel. Melanie, who only wanted to travel and wanted a little girl to call her own.

Bree nearly shed a tear for her dead twin sister. It was awful that she is still feeling this way, it was as if her heart was ripped apart everyday even as it got close to repairing. She struggled to keep her emotions in check but it was quickly becoming hard, all she wanted to do was keep it in control but it was—

The tears were now flowing down her face and she let out a howl of emotion, she started to get red in the face as Zion caught her mood and began to park the car. As he did so, he struggled to get a hold of her arms as she thrashed about, her makeup becoming smudged as she cried, getting louder and louder. "Calm down, calm down!" Zion said in a soothing voice but it was to no avail.

She was having a full on episode in the middle of the suburbs crying about her twin sister who has been dead for over a year and now she has to deal with the demon who killed her all over again when her closest friend next to her had vanished with no reply. She didn't want to deal with this but she is and it was getting worse for her to hold that in her heart. She simply kept on with what she felt in her skin and bones, feeling soon she would get a release...