Chapter 24

"When do you think she'll sign the contract?" His lackey asked the other. Crowley rolled his eyes at them, they were whispering among themselves while he was near them dealing with a potential contract written for someone else. "Don't know," replied the other. He eyed Crowley with deference. "I think we're off to a good start, don't you?" Crowley said out loud.

The lackey who asked the question was startled and started to stammer. "C-Crowley, sir, I apologize for doubting you." He said, the usual nervousness in his voice. Crowley can smell the fear emanating from him. "If you truly want to see my progress on the girl, why don't you take the time to scope it out, Reginald?" Crowley growled at him. Reginald began to shake in fear.

"—and you, Trent. You are also at fault for listening to him, you didn't shut him up. You didn't tell him how I can have both of you back into your own private tortures for the next years." Crowley addressed the other Lackey who listened to Reginald. Trent only looked to Crowley with a semi-defeated look in his eyes.

"No?" Crowley said, looking down at the shorter man. Crowley then rose his right hand and snapped his fingers. Reginald and Trent dropped dead on the spot. "If there is any other questions regarding my method of having the Winchesters passing the point of no return—meaning not being able to be resurrected—I will make all of you drop dead and have you replaced." Crowley said to the four other demons.

Each of them nodded or affirmed what he said. Crowley then went back to where he sat, the aforementioned contract he was dealing was back in front of him. As he looked it over, he was feeling quite pleased with himself about employed a dog to be the potential switch for Mel if Bree signed the contract in a week or so. Dogs are lovable, even to Squirrel and Moose.

Now deciding to put the contract away, Crowley made a small circle using his index finger in front of him. It formed a portal to earth, where he could see Bree as of from the dog's eyes. She sat on a couch, eyeing the dog as its attention was going back to Sam because of dog food that he had brought it and placed in a bowl.

"Sam, are you feeding it dinner?" She asked him. Sam nodded, smiling at the dog. Sam got closer to the dog, giving it a little smooch on its forehead while it gave a whimper at the attention. That was when Crowley shut the portal, wondering if he should go up there and survey the situation or if he should continue working on other paperwork that needed to be finished this week.

"Dan, come my way." Crowley said to the man who was the closest to him in hierarchy. Dan, who was shorter than Crowley but efficient in his work, stepped up to him. "Yes, sir?" He said to him. "I want you to check out the place where Bree is, discreetly without alarming Castiel or Zion." Crowley told him.

"Zion, sir?" Dan said to him, unsure if he would be like the others who have dropped dead. "Zion, the angel. The one whose name means Promised Land. The one who could destroy what I have in plan for the last remaining girl who can destroy Hell if given the chance. That Zion, imbecile." Crowley growled at him. Dan felt his nerve waver immensely under Crowley's temper but held his ground.

"Go and do my job for me before I decide to end you now." Crowley commanded of him. Dan then said a quiet "Yes sir," and disappeared in a second and Crowley went back to his work, only a tiny bit assured that his subordinates would their jobs somewhat close to half heartedly. If he didn't, he'd check himself to ensure that Bree would sign the contract, ending the Winchester brothers.