Chapter 44

"Okay, first things first, strategy is important. It's like chess. We need to figure out a way to get Zero out in the open to kill him before he can get to Bree." Dean said, half covering his mouth because it was full of pizza.

"Decoy?" Sam questioned. Dean glared at him. "No, too risky." He replied. "It's just an idea." Sam amended, frowning. "It's a good one, why not? It seems easiest." Bree swooped in, giving a look of empathy to Sam. Relief showed on his face.

"No, too risky like I said." Dean snapped. Bree glared at him. "Why not?" She questioned. Dean was not one to back down without a fight. "Because i said so, there has to be another way to keep you safe." He thundered. Cas and Zion gave each other a look as if to say "Just kiss already, end the tension."

"You would say something like that, it can't just be you taking charge." Bree retorted. Dean had to hold back his temper. Don't hit a girl, his mind chanted. He counted backwards from ten. "Look, you can't just be out in the open for this guy to grab you." He scolded. "I did alright on my own, Dean Winchester. No need to be macho about it." She scoffed.

"Look, arguing isn't going to get us anywhere." Sam murmured. "So, your brother gets to be a jackass to you without listening to your idea?" Bree scoffed. "Hey, I listen to Sam most of the time!" Dean insisted. Bree looked from Sam to Dean. "Give him a chance, then." She said.

A tension grew in the room. Dean looked at Sam. "What's the idea?" He inquired. "I was thinking Bree could be a decoy for Zero, she'd be safe, we would surround her from advantage points far from Zero's line of sight. He won't be able to sense us and we can kill him, Cas and Zion are not just background characters. They can pull their weight." Sam explained.

"Good idea, let's sleep on it though. There's gotta be other ideas to capture and kill that some of a bitch." Dean said. "We can trap him, all Zion need to do is weaken him with our weapons. We have Angel blades and arrows in stock." Cas stated.

"However, I only have three arrows left from the last excursion I was on." Zion cut in. Cas nodded. "It wouldn't be exactly easy with three arrows and a couple of knives." Cas agreed. Dean nodded at this. "We have provisions in our hand." Sam stated. "Good, two ideas that can work out." Dean replied.

Thank God, he listens... Bree thought, rolling her eyes. Zion caught sight of this and frowned. They were protecting her. She didn't need to go hard on Dean. The box of two pizzas were eaten. Half of the second box was put away in ziplock bags in the fridge. Bree sat watching tv with Zion, a comedy show was on.

"How can you watch this shit?" Bree asked him, wrinkling her nose. Zion looked at her, confused. "He's not funny to you?" He questioned. "Meh, Jo Koy is hilarious compared to this dude." She said. "To each their own." Zion said, ending the conversation right there.

Bored with the show, Bree got up to go into the bathroom, deciding to shower. When she was done, she went to change into her pajamas. She had her back to the door, putting on her underwear when the bathroom door opened.

She froze in shock when the door opened, the energy in the room had changed quickly. "Oh shit!" A male voice said, slamming the door behind him. Bree could hardly believe it herself. She wanted to melt into a puddle and never be seen again. Dean had walked in on her naked.